Jeep shaft won't slide

tpaul

I just bought a good looking Jeep shaft for less than $10 at the u pull it. The plastic sleeve just popped off, but the shaft won't slide. Any ideas? Also, is this shaft always hard to line up with the steering gear end? I bought the wrong unit off Ebay, so I'm pretty sure this is the correct unit. Early 90's Charokee Sport. Thanks!

WD-40 and a rubber mallet usually does the trick. Worst case for the one I have on my car now I just heated the middle with a torch + light mallet and it will easily collapse. Let it soak as it has not ever had to move until now.

I believe some Grand Charokee shafts will work, but mostly base model Charokee shafts through a greater year range.

Inside of the smaller shaft are two plastic bushings sitting in small grooves. About two inches from where the smaller shaft slides into the larger shaft, apply a small torch for a minute and it will melt those bushings. Then you can collapse/extend/seperate the two parts as needed.:)

Thanks for the tip! Put the torch to it and sure enough it came loose. Thanks again!!!