Jason's 565CI Procharged Stock Suspension Cutlass

INTHEEIGHTS

My Dads Faster Than Yours
heres some coverage.

Attachments

• kennys car pinks all out 086.jpg
    kennys car pinks all out 086.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,382
Sorry it took so long to get here!! I'm Jason and I own the silver olds. Sorry it's a 565 with an F2 not a turbo:biggrin: I had a blast helping Ken and Gordon. It was too bad there wasn't more time to dial their 7531 in. That car will flat haul when they get it figured out. It ran almost the same MPH at a 9.20 that I did at 8.32. That is some stout turbo HP. Again it was great meeting you guys and I'm sure we'll get together later in the year at a Friday in Milan.

Catch you later.

Jason

Sorry it took so long to get here!! I'm Jason and I own the silver olds. Sorry it's a 565 with an F2 not a turbo:biggrin: I had a blast helping Ken and Gordon. It was too bad there wasn't more time to dial their 7531 in. That car will flat haul when they get it figured out. It ran almost the same MPH at a 9.20 that I did at 8.32. That is some stout turbo HP. Again it was great meeting you guys and I'm sure we'll get together later in the year at a Friday in Milan.

Catch you later.

Jason

Jason,

Your car is sick, what have you done to the suspension in the rear.
The stance is to die for.Thanks for helping out our buddy Ken.
With some tune up time that car will be scary fast.

After seeing Jason's pics last year, I have been trying to get my car down in the rear like his. It looks killer.

I will have to post some more pics of the rear. Dusty, it is lower than last year by an inch. It is stock suspension with a DTS dana 60. I have wolfe lowers and DTS uppers. I use a 150lb 10 inch 2.5 diameter QA1 spring in the rear. In the stock location. The trick is the Mini tub. All that is left of the rear frame over the axle is the inner skin. My chassis guy built a 1.5 inch tubular inner frame that follows the stock frame and ties into the cage. This allowed me to put a 10 inch wheel with 6 inch BS under the car. I use a 295 radial also. I had to re drll the lower mounts on the rear end because when I lowered it, the bottom bars were pointing down at a 7 degree angle. I flattened them out to a 2 degree angle. I moved the lower shock mount in an inch or so. I also run a HR Parts N Stuff anti roll bar. It is the nutz. I"ve been a 1.27 60 with it. Not bad for a 3500 lb boat. It is a non intercooled 565 chevy with an F2 blowing through a C&S carb. As I said before, the 8.32 at 166 was my best pass ever. Anyway, once I figure out how to post pics I'll do it.

These pics are before I lowered it another inch or so and before I put on Weld alumastar double beadlocks.
Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

• small yb.jpg
    small yb.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Slowsmobile 10-10-06 005yb.jpg
    Slowsmobile 10-10-06 005yb.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • tb1.jpg
    tb1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,897
  • tb2.jpg
    tb2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,119
Now that I look at the pics, I think the issue with that ride height on the Regal is the shape of the fender. I have plenty of clearance between fender and frame, the problem is the rounded fender. The fender gets too close to the tire on the front side of the fender(between tire and door). It looks like the Cutlass has a better shape that keeps the fender away from the tire where it needs it the most.

I love the stance. I may try a wooden broom handle to roll the fender away from the tire...I'm just nervous with the new paint.....I don't want to mess it up. But that stance is a must have:D

There definitely isn't much clearance on the front side. I have less than an inch. I had to use the double adj. wolfe lowers to get the rear farther back so it wouldn't hit in front. I'm just glad the radials don't grow much. I know with slicks it would rub. I thought the regals had more of a gradual taper in the front. My car goes straight down the last 2 inches in front of the tire. I did have to roll mine a smidge in the front. I did mine on new paint also. I went slow and It worked out ok, a couple of stress cracks that only I can see. I'll get some better pics tomorrow and post them.

Jason

I tried the 10" Qa1's as well and could not get the tire away from the fender enough to keep it from rubbing. I used the Wolfe lowers as well. I was running a friends 15x10 with 5.5 backspacing but have a ton of room between tire and frame. The 6 inch bs might be enough to make it work.

I'm going back to my 15x11 with 6 3/8bs....I'll see how it fits and go from there.

Dusty,

Give me a buzz. I'm trying to sell the wheels in the pics. They are a 15 by 10 with a 6 inch back space. I'll make you a heck of a deal.

Jason

That is one sweet Cutlass! Think I seen your car before on Maliburacing.com?? The lowered stance looks sick:cool:

That is one sweet Cutlass! Think I seen your car before on Maliburacing.com?? The lowered stance looks sick:cool:

Steve,

You are right there was a nice thread about this car a while back.

John,

If I send you some pics, can you resize them and post them. I don't know how to resize them and they are to big for the board. Shoot me an email.

Thanks,
Jason

John,

I sent you some pics. Let me know if you got them.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,

I have them and will be uploading them as soon as I get home.
If you have time maybe you could go into a little more detail on the
combination. I am sure that I am not the only person interested.

Best regards,