Jacksonville Fl

Wes

anyone know of a mechanic in the jacksonville area that can work on our cars well? mine is in much need of a good GN mechanic!

kendall frederick can probably answer that question best...

also the buick dealer ship on north blanding has decent knowledge, key buick i think its called, but not 100% on that...if you were to go there, i would want to talk to one of the guys who actually owned one of them before, so that you are comfortable with who will be working on it

for 70 bucks an hour i am sure they will work on anything....its finding the guy who knows what he's doing thats the trick...i also have seen a Ttype one time at Tacyon Racing on south phillips hwy (accross from the racetrac station south of all the dealerships), though I am not sure how much knowledge they have. again kendall on this board would have the best info for ya

btw, what exactly are you needing to get fixed?

You're welcome to call me; two seven two 8661. If you want tuning help or want some input/help doing something, I am usually willing. I don't work on other people's cars for money usually; I have too many projects of my own. ;)

If you want general mechanic work done by someone who knows the TRs, go to Terry Buick (the one on Blanding) and talk to Jason West or Johnny Ray in the service area. Jason's dad Glenn has a 10 second T that Jason maintains and he's been working on quite a few TRs when I've been by. Johnny Ray's been doing service work on area TRs for years.

it wont start under its own power, im thinking its not the battery because it seems like something is binding, not sure what but when it does start it my knock gauge goes crazy into the red when i try and move it, my scanmaster doesnt work, dont know why, i havent really looked into it because im so busy with work.

o thanks for the info kendall, i'll check it out.

Kendall I was just looking at your website you do very nice work, how long before the "T" runs?????

Originally posted by BOOSTBROTHER
Kendall I was just looking at your website you do very nice work, how long before the "T" runs?????

Glad you like it. I enjoy building the pieces, if not always the troubleshooting process. :)

It should've run a couple of months ago..I have had some issues with getting a crank sensor signal that will work with the ECM. I'm currently converting to a MSD flying magnet crank trigger, which is probably what I should've done a few months ago as it's proven to work with the distributor.

The ECM's back for re-configuration to inductive pickup (IPU), and I had to swap balancers, re-machine a bunch of parts for the front cover gerotor oil pump drive, etc. I hope to have it running before too long; I still need to free up some $ before it will be legal and safe for the track.
:)

I feel your pain I planned on having my new motor done and running a long time ago but the cash gets short sometimes and I am trying to do it right the first time. It's real close to being done and running I hope by mid Feb I should have it going and the snow should be gone so I can drive it.

How fast are you shooting for with this car????

Anyway keep us posted on how your's is coming.

Have a great day
BOOSTBROTHER

wes,
what do you need done to your car? If kendall can't help you drop me a PM. I live in baymeadows area, maybe I can help you out...

Originally posted by BOOSTBROTHER
I feel your pain I planned on having my new motor done and running a long time ago but the cash gets short sometimes and I am trying to do it right the first time. It's real close to being done and running I hope by mid Feb I should have it going and the snow should be gone so I can drive it.

How fast are you shooting for with this car????

Anyway keep us posted on how your's is coming.

Have a great day
BOOSTBROTHER

right now im just shooting to get into running condition, if it requires a rebuild then i will think about how fast, but with what i have already, minus what is wrong with it now im hoping for low 11's i ran 12.7@107 with injectors and a pt-51, i got the motor rebuilt and put a lot of more stuff on it, i go it rebuilt the first time b/c it spun a bearing, im hoping that its something easy, the oil doest look very bad so im hoping it doesnt have a repeat of last time. i hate it that its not running right, i just spent six mos. in the persian gulf and come home to finding it in a non-running status (it was in storage and i had my father start it once a week and let it run for a while)

i'll give you a call this friday kendall and let you know what its doing exactly and maybe you have some suggestions.