jack merkel engines

Special Ops,

Boy I'm glad you think it was a waste of time & reading, But there was some positive ground gained here.
1. there is a merkel "109"in the 10's.
2. Paul & staff are Great People.
3. Billy T is loaded & going to pay for "US" to go.

Now if you have been reading post from the BB's were not the "ONLY" one complaining about it..
So sorry if we don't see it the same way "YOU" do..But hey your right maybe that can change by going to the nats.

Just my o2

Jim

Hello Greg,

Hope all's well with you, last time we chatted was over on the GSCA Bulletin Board when you questioned my usage of the shift key as I typed as it pertained to certain words in the English language.

If you are taking up a collection it would have to be for all of my boys, that could get quite hefty considdering what I heard is a $5 charge for tow vehicles at this years GSCA Buick Nationals. If true then whatever amount collected would have to be increased of course.

I think JRSGN made some good points above about what came out of the thread, you can disagree, but I respect your opinion to disagree. That's what practicing the art of dissent is all about, thankfully we live in a country where we can agree to disagree.

As far saying "we have been watching the boards" I didn't know who "we" are and that there was like some double secret probabtion/watching going on but it's nice to know some folks are out there watching us cause they care or like our deliciously fun banter.

I think while searching the boards over the past year you'll find some other folks who had some.....shall we say less than complimentary things to say about the Buick GS Nationals. Hopefully you will be addressing them also.

Who knows Greg maybe one of these days I'll change my mind and be convinced to attend the Buick GS Nationals for the fourth time in my life. I mean if like at the end of Rocky 4 after Rocky thoughly beats Drago and starts to win over the Russian crowd and says "We can change, we can all change" then gosh darnnit maybe I too can change.

As far as my incurable hardon, you really don't know the whole story.....not about the hardon....thats for a different bulletin board but as Bobby Bittman would say "As a comic in all seriousness". There is alot of the story you don't know from all sides that is between the various parties, but that being said it doesn't take away anyone's right to talk about Buicks, politics, the Buick GS Nationals and express their opinions on here or any other bulletin board or media outlet.

So who knows maye I'll renew my membership after it lapsing the past couple years, think I was a member for like 8-9 years or so. Are you a member Greg and are you racing at the Buick GS Nationals this year?

So safe travels to all going, safe and fun racing to all that are going, good May weather and lower ET's to all.

Regards.

Rich

I'd like to go to the nats, but I took your opinion and others about getting the proper saftey equipment to make my car NHRA legal. Its getting a 6pt with swing outs and a simpson 5pt harness. As soon as I get back to FL its goin in. I'll try and get some pics out to you as soon as it gets done.

John

John,

Good deal.....sure Dad will be happy also......let us know when you hit that 10.

Originally posted by laymond thomas

thinking about getting steel caps or a girdle or both i want some security when i really turn up the boost:D

Any body use his engines?

TTT for ya! We'll try it again! :)

Rich

Yah, the 009's defintely arent cutting it anymore. I'm stepping up to a set of delphi 65's. An ATR drivers side replacement header will cure the cracked one. And I'll be bringing the car down to Cal Hartline in melbourne for some new chips and tuning. The car should be ready by mid-may. I'll keep you guys posted.

John

Originally posted by SpecialOps
Hey Rich

How about us down here taking up a collection and pay your expenses. You already got a guy wanting to pay your dues. This way you can come down to the nats. and join us in all the fun and racing. If we can collect enough money maybe we can get enough to cover some of your boys expenses to come too.
Greg Larsen
USMC Ret.
Since I guess I'm one of the boys I can chime in. I don't think you looked back far enough. I don't think we were the ones starting the threads regarding the nats, we only gave our opinion. On the subject of taking up a collection for me to go down and race....

Total miles round trip from Edison to Bowling Green - 1674 miles.

Total fuel costs at 8mi/gal in Mark's Denali pulling race car trailer - $332.71

Spent race fuel for 3 days of racing - $42.92

Tow Vehicle entrance fee for 3 days of racing - $15

Hanging out with all our buddies from the gsca and making hooch in our bathtub - Priceless...

Hey guys.

We got some questions many of us want to know the answer.
JRSGN- Who are the others you say said bad things about the nats.
Buicksx2- who are the others you say said bad things about the nats. We will add in the 5.00 parking fee if it will swing the deal. Whats this dribble about Rocky 4 and Bob Bittman all about?
Turbodiverart- Who are the others you say said bad things about the nats. If we send you $390.63 willyou come to the nats.?
If you boys wont tell us maybe they will step up and let us know direct.
We want to make up a deck of cards in all your honor. So far we can print 3 cards up.

Yes many of us will be at the nats racing.
If you boys cant make it can we hook up in Bristol?

Greg Larsen
USMC Ret,

Re: jack merkel engines

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thinking about getting steel caps or a girdle or both i want some security when i really turn up the boost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTT for ya! We'll try it again!

This is a dead thread at this point!!!!:rolleyes:

Specialops

Unfortunately Bristol is no more. Next years florida event at bradenton should be bigger and better.

special ops

I just read this thread and am curious as to when someone says that they wont be a member of the gsca, why is the response always 'you're just too cheap to spend the $35'? I dont remember seeing anywhere that it was the spending of $35 that was holding anyone back.
Just curious as many of us would like to know, are you a spokesperson for the gsca? If so, were you elected or appointed? And, with all this money collected, is it coming from membership dues or out of you and your boys pockets? That deck of cards thing, cute, very cute, will they be distributed to all gsca members when they renew or will it be an additional fee? Are you speaking on behalf of the gsca of just a group of you and your boys that have found it necessary to personally take on this mission to get the 'collalition of the unwilling' to the nats. If its the latter, just for sake of this story, we'll call you and your boys 'the axis of weasel' (thanks NYPost) . Even more interesting is that it seems that you've taken an interest in leading 'the axis of weasel' in all this, do you have anything to personally or financially gain in all this, or did these guys just pee in your cereal? If its the cereal thing, i would think that you boys had thicker skin than that and wouldnt let it get your panties all moist. So, as the leader of the 'axis of weasel' , do you have a title? Minister of Misinformation maybe or are you just the new mean green? Again, that card thing, very cute, if you'd like, i'll step up and be added to the deck for no other reason than if it will help you and you boys feel better and stick out your chest further then thats fine with me.

You know, i wasnt going to say anything here, but i've known everyone involved in this long sad ordeal and i know pretty much both sides of the story, which i'm guessing is a lot more than you'll ever know since you've only got one side of it, and i'm not going to say who's right and who's wrong, its up to the guys involved to deal with that. You want to put up the $35 for me too? No thanks, keep it and put it towards your beer budget. It's never been, ever will be or ever has been about the money. And as far as others not being happy with the gsca and the nats, i was under the impression that this might of been one of the little reasons there was a new buick board and group formed, or am i just assuming wrong? Again, this is just the impression i got, nothing more nothing less.

^==========THREAD TOPIC============^

**********JACK MERKEL ENGINES**********

Thinking about getting steel caps or a girdle or both.

I want some security when i really turn up the boost. :D

Another thing is we have been watching the boards recently and you boys were the only ones who have even posted something negative or had not so nice things to say about the nats. We went back to last year and it was only you boys on the other side

Well Gollie there Gomer, You been reading the Boards...... If you can't see it Maybe you should look a little harder, Not much, Just a little...

Special Ed,
Yes many of us will be at the nats racing.
If you boys cant make it can we hook up in Bristol?
Is there a bristol this year???
We want to make up a deck of cards in all your honor. So far we can print 3 cards up.
There is only 3?? Look a bit harder, Just cause we Voice are opinion, That makes us Bad??
I've gone to many nats, & I'm sure that you have to, But I don't see why it should be any of your concern, Unless you RL, BJ or RJ....

PS: What is you membership #???

Somebody stick a fork in this thread, it's done:rolleyes:

quote:

Thinking about getting steel caps or a girdle or both.

I want some security when i really turn up the boost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems the tread starter decided to go with RPE Machine! Can't blame em;)

Originally posted by Tow Man
It seems the tread starter decided to go with RPE Machine! Can't blame em;)

Humm, sounds like I might know something after all or am I not allowed to voice any opinions? :)

WOW 3300 plus view!!!!!!

Hello Greg,

Evidently in your searching/watching the boards maybe you haven't seen them, probably because maybe you are just concentrating on the folks from NJ and CT. You may want to check out the Buick Performance group BB or V8Buick.com over the past year or two depending upon how far back you wanna go.

I could tell ya about the phone calls made by two prominent members (R&R) of the GSCA to folks, to their home (unlisted #'s btw) after they voiced their opinons, but maybe they will post their own stories on here to give it more validity.

I think Rosey T made some good points, he's a good guy Greg if you ever get to meet him.

The deck of cards is a pretty neat idea, maybe if they can get them printed up in time they will all be in everyone's goodie bags at the Buick GS Nationals in a couple weeks being held in Bowling Green, KY.

Just wondering Greg....in your opinion, if some of us support a couple of the "local" GSCA chapters (Northeast & Northwest) by way of membership and attendance at events change your opinion?

Anyway enjoy the Nationals.......sure it will be the Best ever.....it always is.

Originally posted by SpecialOps
Turbodiverart- Who are the others you say said bad things about the nats. If we send you $390.63 willyou come to the nats.?

Greg Larsen
USMC Ret,
Greg, you are kidding, right? I think you need to look into the archives. I’m sure anything negative posted about the gsca or its “management” has long been deleted from the gsca board so you won’t find it there. I’m sure if you look into the archives of some of the other boards you’ll find that there are lots of people that are not happy with the gsca and/or the nats. You'll find that there have been many threads over say the last 2 years regarding the nats. Some of them I have voiced an opinion, some I have not. My opinions are usually that I think the track at Bristol has a much better prep which few disagree with or regarding entrance fees and pre-registration fees which no one knows what they are for, getting your money back when you could not attend, politics, etc. Lets not forget about safety, that's a big one I usually jump onto. I really don't think we want to rehash this stuff all over again. These topics have been put to rest long ago and I have never tried to dig it back up, do you really want to dig it up again???? <snore> If you really want to start dredging up old thread topics I'm sure it'll bring out some of the other people that are not happy with the nats. You are never going to please everyone, that's just the nature of things. Trying to say that it's only a small group of people that all know each other or have "hidden agenda's" is ridiculous. I really have no problem re-hashing this again but I'd rather not go through it. It's all been said before and you should let dead dogs lie.

As for covering my fee to attend. Also covering my hotel, etc. and I might just attend. Personally I don't have any real desire to attend. If others from my group of friends went then yes, I'd go and race.

Jim Robinson AKA Two lane,

Does it bother you that much or you just trying to get your post count up???
Go read another thread, Jeez. Your not even a moderater but your like the Fun police.

Why is it you can't sign your name????

Jim Romanello.

Hello all!!
In reference to Two Lane, Yes, steel caps and a girdle will give you the insurance you need with higher numbers of boost.
In reference to et's with no cap no girdle, I do recall watching Billy T run 11.30 @ 119 a few times with only valve springs.

thanks
Paul