J&S "Safeguard" individual knock control system...

Autobahn Power in Wichita just posted a video of a Vampire on a 2006 Mini Cooper with a Snow water/methanol system.

The car has been running this configuration for three years, but they just got around to making a video of it.

Prior to the installation, there was no audible knock. The Vampire was installed as a safety device.

With the water injection turned off, the Vampire shows there was inaudible knock they were unaware of, and took care of it. Turn the water injection back on and the inaudible knock goes away.

John do you have any audio clips of knock that you would hear though head phones?

Autobahn Power in Wichita just posted a video of a Vampire on a 2006 Mini Cooper with a Snow water/methanol system.

The car has been running this configuration for three years, but they just got around to making a video of it.

Prior to the installation, there was no audible knock. The Vampire was installed as a safety device.

With the water injection turned off, the Vampire shows there was inaudible knock they were unaware of, and took care of it. Turn the water injection back on and the inaudible knock goes away.

This is very cool.I have my doubts whether people see how relative this is.

Someone sold them a pulley to raise the boost. The stock engine management includes a knock sensor. They heard no knock so they thought they were good to go. Then they installed the Vampire and learned there was inaudible knock that the factory system ignored.

The top row of LED's show actual knock retard, rather than knock intensity. It is showing two cylinders retarded by different amounts at some point.

Specialty-Z thought they had a "safe but aggressive" tune in the owner's 300zx until they installed one:

The early 90's factory Z ECU ignores the knock sensor above 3000 RPM. They heard no audible knock so they thought the aggressive tune was ok.

Run two is the same tune but shows the knock-finder.

Run three they lowered boost from 19 psi to 17.5 which reduced the amount of knock retard.

Another run (not shown), they took out three degrees timing which eliminated the knock retard.

I don't have any knock files to share but there are some on the internet.

I suspect that the inaudible knock is pretty bad given iron heads,8.5 to 9.0 : 1 compression with at least 15psi to 20+psi using methanol (M1) supression.

Let us know when your unit comes in, and you do some tuning...