It's on the way

precisiongn

I purchased the IPO propane kit and it will be on the way soon. Anybody care to venture a guess at what kinda' boost levels I can hit with this on my combo...(listed in my sig) Also all who run this kit if you could tell me your experiences I would apreciate it. I saw that Turbo Tim ran this kit and he hit around 23-24psi on the same turbo but he also has the SMC Alky kit. Anybody just using propane? Any installation advice or tuning tips or anything else feel free to post up. Thanks.

Good luck with it! If it's as good as alky you should be hitting 23-24 no problem. I just hooked alky up to my gn and ran 21lbs no knock and today I turned it to 23 lbs but haven't driven it yet. Have fun and post your results I'm curious to see how good it is.

IPO Kit

Propane kit came in Monday and I installed it yesterday. I am leaving right now to tune it and see what gains I will make...look out local Ls1's. :cool:

precisiongn, I hope you are carefull with the cold air! I tested mine with the outside temps in the mid 90's, and 80 percent humidity. The cooling effect of the propane probabbly condensed a lot of water in the intake air, helping the boost levels out through cooling. Be carefull you don't lean out in the cooler, oxygen rich air!

Jay Carter likes 21.5 degrees timing, BTW.

My testing is going going to be limited for the rest of the year. Too many things happening right now. I really wanted to step down the nozzle size on the 2 stage alchy set-up from 1mm to .3 mm (2 nozzles each stage) to see if this would help. It should, I'm pretty sure, but all that will need to wait for springtime...

The alchy injection wasn't used to any good effect in the few runs I got in before the day a grandmother ran a light, and totaled the car. It's back from the shop last week, and I just finished replacing the coil pack module and computer and my timing problems are fixed now. Seems the coil pack shorted the computer out, and the replacement coil pack I put on at the time was no good. Delays, delays...

Now the turbo seal is gone, and that has to come off, and sent to a local garage. This will give me time to replace the headlight switch that is causing my dash lights to go off whenever I turn the headlights on..

But the car is freshly painted, and looks real good now! :)

Good luck, and take it slow. BTW, it was easy to 'flood' the car with the propane. 1 turn on the tank valve was all it took to get going pretty well. 2 turns flooded it.

Keep us posted!

Help?!?

Having trouble tuning the propane in. First, I am getting ALOT of false knock now that the kit is in. I will be out of boost (around 15-20HG) driving the car just normally and the Scanmaster bounces around from 2-18 degrees of knock. This can't be possible...I think if it were true my head gaskets would have blown by now. I have turned my boost up to 20 psi and register 2-5 degrees of knock on a full throttle run, sometimes jumping up to 18 again when I let off. Turbo Tim...where did you wire in the Hobbs switch to? Also I wired in a green L.E.D. next to my boost gauge and connected it to the hobbs switch inside the engine bay. I would assume this would light up when the switch is activate (around 10psi of boost) yet the light doesn't light up. But I have blown a head gasket at 20 psi on pump gas before, I ain't testing it again until I get the problem solved. I attached a gauge to my tank and it is almost full. Any ideas, anything to check, something. I know the IPO guys look at this board sometimes, somebody help me troubleshoot this kit. I know it was spraying at one time or another, I handed a Zo6 his @$$ during one of my test n' tune runs down Harwood Rd. and got 0.0 knock. But to this point it has been real finicky. Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.