Isn't it great in CA; Turbobuicks will have to be dertified at a Star Smog Station:

Illinois had the same crap if your car failed the test and you spent over 450 bucks on emissions related repairs you got an exemption form.If you were lucky you got one.I never heard of anyone getting one.That was crooked illinois making money.

chopped39 said:
Illinois had the same crap if your car failed the test and you spent over 450 bucks on emissions related repairs you got an exemption form.If you were lucky you got one.I never heard of anyone getting one.That was crooked illinois making money.

How about just getting the car fixed so there are no issues passing the test?

How about just getting the car fixed so there are no issues passing the test?
Thats what I did when customers came in with a bill for $1200 that someone threw parts at When a simple vacuum leak fixed the problem.There's alot of shops that didnt know what they were doing but if the emissions numbers got better after they worked on the car they made their way into the state emisions book which ment more customers for them.
It was a big scam that the shops took advantage of instead of fixing the car right the first time. Can you imagine the tax dollars Illinois made off that scam.