Is this normal?

Treminer21

Hey guys so I'm a little bummed today. Tbis afternoon I came outside to toss the trash and just happened to look at my car as I was walking towards it. Everything looked pretty good, but I noticed that the sun was reflecting off of my drivers ode quarter panel weirdly, so I went to check it out. Upon closer inspection I found out that there is a bubble on the body, no rust, just a random bubble that broke through my paint. The car has original paint so this was pretty devastating to me. Do you guys know If this is normal for these vehicles, and is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening more?

Attachments

• 20160601_173840.jpg
    20160601_173840.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 182
  • 20160601_173829.jpg
    20160601_173829.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • 20160601_173815.jpg
    20160601_173815.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
Something you were carrying in your trunk rolled around and dinged your quarter panel from the inside out.

Hey guys so I'm a little bummed today. Tbis afternoon I came outside to toss the trash and just happened to look at my car as I was walking towards it. Everything looked pretty good, but I noticed that the sun was reflecting off of my drivers ode quarter panel weirdly, so I went to check it out. Upon closer inspection I found out that there is a bubble on the body, no rust, just a random bubble that broke through my paint. The car has original paint so this was pretty devastating to me. Do you guys know If this is normal for these vehicles, and is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening more?

:facepalm:

It's a bummer it broke the paint,if it were just a ding you could get one of those paintless dent fixer places to work it out some.
Now water will get behind the paint and cause future problems,it must stick out like a sore thumb on the black also.
It's one of those things where you might want to bite the bullit and get it fixed ,(Shouldn't be too bad)it will only get worse and you just know that sooner or later someone will see it and pick at the loose paint and chip it off.

A big thick fluffy towel or small blanket in the wheel well ,that will protect the rear quarter from the inside will help prevent any future dings.
Or you could buy one of those trunk dress up kits that are out there, which will cover the inside of the quarter .

After a rental carpet steamer did that to car, there's a big block of foam that now lives in my trucnk 24/7