Is this MAF any good?

In the add it looks correct, but the fine print says it may appear different then the photo. I would go to Kirbans performance and get one, or buy used off the board here. It is a crap shot if the one in ebay will be good or not IMHO.

Thanks
Bill

ask for the Cardone 7866# at autozone...i remember them being cheap online...what i did here at a parts place was told the guy it may or may not work so told him i might have to try another one ...first one didn't hit anything close to 150 on the SM but the second one peaked at 255 so bought the one and it lasted a long time. They are a hit and miss...eventually went with translator.

i forgot to add the 4 maf's i have are 7866 and 7861 ..mix of borg warner, cardone and some other.

Thanks for info. When I checked Kirbans I did not see it listed, only the translator. Did not find one here either but if someone has one let me know.

Before I would even consider buying that, I'd just wait until I had another $100 put up with it and get a translator. Having to save up just another 100 to be finished with something is cheep cheep with these cars.

Kirbans has it, I got one a month ago. It works great, even had it at the track and Dyno.

It is located on the last pages of the catalog, there is 120 + 25 core charge. Call if you don't find it.

Thanks eveyone. Local Autozone had a MAF and it made no difference in the idle. Also tried a new IAC and that made no difference. I agree that the translator is the way to go but car is now my daughters and we are just looking to get rid of a cold idle problem. When started cold car will go to 1800 rpm then drop in steps until it often stalls out. Once warm it is OK. Our thoughts are we do not want to make any mods until it is running good in its relatively stock mode.

The Translator is not a "mod". It's the only way to get rid of the badly designed orginal MAF which are old and now often go bad. Once you can run a reliable MAF, many issues will fade away.

Un screw the iac and clean off the carbon build up. It may not be sealing witch will cause the car to die when cold
But get a scanmaster to set the the correct numbers. All cars are diff 15-30 is a good place to start my one car loves 25ish. The other is 12ish. Tps .42-.44 make sure the maf has both screens.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I went though Kirban. Mine works great. If your looking for the original look that's the way to go. You have to send your core though.