is this car worth it ? $13K

10wetwillys

1987 Buick Turbo T This is a 1987 Buick Turbo T, 3.8 V6 Turbocharged in excellent condition, Owned since 1996, High quality base coat clear coat paint job in original gray color, no rust, no dents or scratches, mostly stock some performance mods New Hooker exhaust, modified stock inter-cooler, 62 mm throttle body, alcohol injection, modified stock turbo, 3 down pipe. Transmission rebuilt with heavy duty parts, Strong engine has new valve springs, new double roller timing chain. AC was converted to 134a may require a recharge , Ready to drive needs nothing else.

Attachments

• 00d0d_9Ei4D8LACyK_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_9Ei4D8LACyK_600x450.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 452
  • 00F0F_cqqpSyC22LU_50x50c.jpg
    00F0F_cqqpSyC22LU_50x50c.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 421
  • 00G0G_eD2UNMXVfi7_50x50c.jpg
    00G0G_eD2UNMXVfi7_50x50c.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 00Q0Q_6E3zXWXeA6K_50x50c.jpg
    00Q0Q_6E3zXWXeA6K_50x50c.jpg
    929 bytes · Views: 396
  • 00W0W_821UM1Wqafb_50x50c.jpg
    00W0W_821UM1Wqafb_50x50c.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 390
  • 01515_jlCU7owZ5q6_50x50c.jpg
    01515_jlCU7owZ5q6_50x50c.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 01717_FrG2WyIAV4_50x50c.jpg
    01717_FrG2WyIAV4_50x50c.jpg
    763 bytes · Views: 353
JPEG's are opening up really tiny..not able to see all the pics...You can buy a Turbo Regal or GN with less miles for under 13k

X2 under 10k....going to need some kind of rebuild pretty soon at 140K .
After looking at the car it may be worth the 10K maybe a bit more if it checks out good. Clean car with nice paint is a big savings...my base strip and paints are $8000.00 to give you an Idea. Plus i's a Turbo T.

I would agree keep the wheels "yuck" If the car has been well maintained it might be worth close to that? I might go 11,500.00 These cars are not getting any cheaper! Another 10 years and that price might double who knows?

1987 Buick Turbo T This is a 1987 Buick Turbo T, 3.8 V6 Turbocharged in excellent condition, Owned since 1996, High quality base coat clear coat paint job in original gray color, no rust, no dents or scratches, mostly stock some performance mods New Hooker exhaust, modified stock inter-cooler, 62 mm throttle body, alcohol injection, modified stock turbo, 3 down pipe. Transmission rebuilt with heavy duty parts, Strong engine has new valve springs, new double roller timing chain. AC was converted to 134a may require a recharge , Ready to drive needs nothing else.
So is that yours? Chrome with sport mirrors? That's 2 towns over from me. Never seen it. I know of a GN that's about mile away from that location.

It looks good and with mods running 11.86, it's quick.
I think it could be worth 13K.
My experience is CL pictures make everything look better than what it really is.
You need to go see it in person. Take it for a drive and see how it runs and drives.
I'd look at the underside especially the frame behind the rear tires.
If it is clean underneath with no heavy rust, you could offer him 12K.
You could also pay to have a mechanic inspect it and give an opinion too.

Is it worth 13K?

Yes, if you are the seller.

No, if you're the buyer. ;)

I don't think it is that unreasonable.

Seriously, you have to look at the car for what it is. Does it meet 100% of your expectations or are you going to have to change a lot of things to make it your vision of what a turbo Buick should be? How much money and time are you going to have to spend to get it where you want? Provided everything is in good shape on this car could you take a lesser car for half as much and have it just as good for the same end amount? Could you build the same car for the same money? If you are not sure what you want does it illicit emotions when you see it and hear it? Does it speak to you? Only when you can answer these kind of questions can you decide if it is worth the asking price.

Is it worth 13K?

Yes, if you are the seller.

No, if you're the buyer. ;)

I don't think it is that unreasonable.

Seriously, you have to look at the car for what it is. Does it meet 100% of your expectations or are you going to have to change a lot of things to make it your vision of what a turbo Buick should be? How much money and time are you going to have to spend to get it where you want? Provided everything is in good shape on this car could you take a lesser car for half as much and have it just as good for the same end amount? Could you build the same car for the same money? If you are not sure what you want does it illicit emotions when you see it and hear it? Does it speak to you? Only when you can answer these kind of questions can you decide if it is worth the asking price.

Agree.

But don't be the guy that post up "Looking for a decent driver GN for 5K or less" Ain't happening!

wow 8k basic strip an paint local guy here is in many Donk an lowrider mags .... 8k is that frame off ?

its worth 13 if no rust. Id check compression ... offer him 10.5