Is this bad?

1 in 2000

84 GN
Thought I'd do the car a favor last night and clean out the intake a bit. Took some carb cleaner and a rag to it (it was nasty in there) and cleaned it up a bit. Jumped in this morning drove to work and the car seemed a little sluggish but runs ok. Checked the scanmaster and the IAC went out of adjustment (@ 00 in park) :confused:
I'll try to reset IAC/TPS this weekend, hope I didn' mess anything up. :eek:

Carb cleaner is a little harsh if you cleaned the TB out with it. You may have screwed up a sensor or two. They make a specific cleaner to use on the throttle body that's sensor safe.

I'm good to go.

Reset the TPS/IAC, bumped up timing in 1st/2nd a snitch, and dropped the boost a bit. The car is pulling real good again so apparently I didn't damage anything.:rolleyes:
Now I can get back to my conundrum of trying to get the boost and timing up keeping knock down.

I never had a problem with TB cleaner, I would never ever spray it on the MAF sensor but the TPS/IAC sure. Never gave me trouble. good to hear it's running good by the way:cool:

My guess is that due to the design of the intake the cleaner pudduled up in the bottom and was aalowing it to run rich untill it burned off.

Things have definitely changed. I didn't touch the MAF except to move it out of the way but my BLM in park was around 128-130 ish now Im up around 138 -140 (a bit lean). I'm not sure at this point how to tweak the BLM's without an adjustable MAF.

Dang car is touchy when it comes to tuning, but it's running really good.

Things have definitely changed. I didn't touch the MAF except to move it out of the way but my BLM in park was around 128-130 ish now Im up around 138 -140 (a bit lean). I'm not sure at this point how to tweak the BLM's without an adjustable MAF.

Dang car is touchy when it comes to tuning, but it's running really good.

At 138, the ECM made the adjustment, to ensure the car is running close to stoic, and, it is actually no longer running lean.
Remember, BLM is a long term adjustment, so it takes time to get to “the stable number”.
Your Idle BLM appears to what I have been seeing as well (If I recall correctly. :tongue: )

When you remove the filler tube hose, with PCV in place, your BLM’s will increase.
Small vacuum leaks (after the MAF) in other places will make a BIG difference as well, as well as O2 condition, grounds, etc. It all adds up.
You can adjust the BLM’s at idle back down with the FP, BUT, it will change every other fuel parameter.

Some time ago, for a long time, I was in search of the “Magical 128”, which only implies that the ECM is not making an adjustment.
However, that is not a reality. The ECM is designed to adjust the fuel, and that is what it is doing.
Since you are NOT at the edge of the ECM’s ability to make the adjustment, I would not worry too much about it, especially not at idle.

When the weather changes (Temp/Baro/Vapor), the idle BLM will change since the "percent of air change" is MUCH greater at idle than WOT.
I am sure you noticed the difference in performance in the winter vs summer, and it seems that you always need to adjust fuel.
This is why TT developed the 6.0WB chip. (Shameless plug ;))

If it is running good, and, there is no KR, I would not worry about it.