is there such thing as a black t-type

82 sc

is there such thing as a 84 t-type being black from factory? reason being is that when i ran my vin on carfax it says it it a t-type not a gn? :confused:

There are black T-Types. The GN's were black only.
T-Types a variety of colors.
Don't think any are listed as Grand Nationals on the title,registration,etc.

The Black 86/87 Turbo Regals are known as WE4 cars (the WE2 is the Grand National package).

is ther any other way i can find out what it is. it is all black, trim and paint. it has the mag style wheels. is there any other identification on them beside badges. there is gn badges on the fenders.

sticker under the rear seat, or a lot easier fi the car was never repainted, the options code sticker in the trunk....key letters are:

WE4- GN
LM9- Turbo Hot Air
LC2- Turbo IC
WH1- 84-85 T-Type
WE2- 86-87Turbo T
G80- posi rear

I am pretty sure that is the ones and what they mean....Compare your sticker in the trunk with all the little letters and numbers and look for any of those

Hope that helps!
PLEASE anybody correct me if I am wrong!!!!!

John

All 84-86 GN's will say T-Type for the model. In those years the GN was an option package on the T-Type. In 1987 the GN was a seperate model. You could get a black T-Type,Turbo-T or turbo Regal with chrome bumpers up until November of 1986. After that date the only way to get black on a non-GN was to order the WE4. You can check the codes on the SPID label on the underside of the trunk lid. Look for a combination of these codes.
W11 T-Type
WE2 GN
19U Black exterior paint
This should tell you what model you have assuming the car came from the factory with black paint. A GN will have all three codes.
You can also find these codes on the cowl tag on the firewall above the steering column. There are plenty of other ways to find out what you have with out the SPID label. If you dont find these codes post back with what you have and I'll decipher them for you.