Is Shifter Cable #25537476 correct?

tpaul

Hey all,
Just got a new shifter cable for my 85 GN, GM cable, part #25537476. This new cable is much shorter than the cable currently in the car! Did a search and all numbers point to this part, but I just want to confirm before I open the package! I read a few threads about GM changing the part # for a longer cable!
I'm not the first owner, so who knows if the cable in the car is original!

Thanks,
Tim

No that number is not correct, to have right shifts you need the correct lenght cable it also helps for proper adjustment when u are adjusting for how firm you want the shifts, the original cable has been discontinued, i found a cable that was almost the exact measurements as the original except for a couple of inches so i went with that.

wiked87gn said:
No that number is not correct, to have right shifts you need the correct lenght cable it also helps for proper adjustment when u are adjusting for how firm you want the shifts, the original cable has been discontinued, i found a cable that was almost the exact measurements as the original except for a couple of inches so i went with that.
I think he's refering to the shifter cable, not the TV cable. You seem to be referring the the TV cable.

shifter cable

Make sure you get a GM part. I ordered one from advanced put it on my car got the console all back together and it broke. If your not sure which one to get call Conley's Performance. Janice has the correct one.

That's the part number (#25537476) of the cable I installed in my '87 GN a couple of years ago. It worked perfectly. It is a bit longer than the original.