Is racist OK if you are from the far Left?

Silver 6

Combustion Engine Addict
Garry Trudeau is pretty far Left on the political scale, but is putting a racist remark in his cartoon OK?

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/db/

Now most of us know Senator Helms had a daughter out of wedlock with a Black woman. It turns out he loved the daughter and supported her his whole life. She was his "Brown Sugar."

The context used by Trudeau is pretty far off that mark. So is it OK for the far Left to use racist remarks?

Originally posted by Silver 6
Garry Trudeau is pretty far Left on the political scale, but is putting a racist remark in his cartoon OK?

http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/db/

Now most of us know Senator Helms had a daughter out of wedlock with a Black woman. It turns out he loved the daughter and supported her his whole life. She was his "Brown Sugar."

The context used by Trudeau is pretty far off that mark. So is it OK for the far Left to use racist remarks?

The honorable Senator Helms would never race mix. You are thinking of Senator Strom Thurmond.

Thank you

That is correct. Senator Thurmond should get ALL the credit he is due.

I guess you have a point, but who cares?
Let's not be hyper-sensitive like the stinking liberals.
It is just a cartoon; over reaction is the job of the Democrats.

brown sugar is a racist remark ?

I guess so since a white person said it ...you know everything a white person says is racist :mad:

It is a continuing thread. There have been political cartoons with Secretry Powell and Ms Rice answering to the "Master" up at the White House.

The importance if the remark is not solely on the words. It is on the impression it gives that President Bush looks at her in a lessor status because of her color.

Red is right. I cut my hair really short because it is thinning and I am not into the comb over look. I get minorities looking at me a calling me names in spanish and other languages (noth thinking I understand what they are saying). People's panties are in a bunch.

BTW-
My wife is half Mexican American
One of my best friends is Chinese American.
My other best friend has........some jewish blood in him.
My good friend and mentor a black man performed my wedding!
I guess I am a real failure as a white man considering my racial stances.

This PC, anti white male crap is getting out of hand!

Ok, I've got John, Red and Vector down as it is OK to represent President Bush a racist bigot in a cartoon that goes in every major American newspaper. And in many overseas.

The responses are "who cares?" "I guess so" and I agree with "I guess so."

In the last run for this office it went all the way to a TV commercial of a pickup truck pulling a log chain and saying that while he was Governor of Texas, George Bush was responsible for a Black man being dragged to his death. Can I assume that we could agree that commercial was wrong?

So my question to you is, on what level does it become NOT OK to represent our President as a racial bigot? You have already established that a little is OK. How far do they need to go?

Vector says, "Let's not be hyper-sensitive like the stinking liberals." The problem with that response is liberals don't get called racist bigots. They tend to be on the name calling end.

I tend to agree with John, I also firmly believe that even though everyone is entitled to free speech, there is a time and place for subjects such as this. Like at home where you can say what you want without causing a controversy over racist remarks / Pictures drawing, etc... by others.

Here in the Marine Corps there is only one color, and that color is green. Racisim is not tolerated and is enforced with very harsh consequences for anyone violating this article these days. Times have changed for the better, and It's taken very seriously.....Everyone should be treated equally, fairly and with dignity and respect...... No man is better than the next!

Just like I explain to my young Marines:

There may be a time in your life when your in situation that you can't get out of, and the next thing you know, that white man, that black man, or who ever you hated just pulled you to safety and saved your life.....Wouldn't you feel like an A$$ afterwards? Because you hated these people and criticised them for no apparent reason. It can happen and has happend!

Moral of the story, treat everyone with respect! Enough said.

RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!

racism is for jacka$$es!! how can you call a politician honorable?? what a crock of crap!!:mad:

Re: RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by blackbird
racism is for jacka$$es!! how can you call a politician honorable?? what a crock of crap!!:mad:
Wow, somebody was paying attention during 'Reading Rainbow', but you forgot 'Eat your Veggies!'.

:rolleyes:

David,

I am not saying that it is ok to claim anyone is a racist!
What I was saying is that the political mood has swung to far
to the PC Crowd. A white male can not communicate in the "California” corporate work environment with out walking on egg shells. It is hard to judge someone's true intentions with out really knowing them. Considering the author's political agenda this comment was off color. This Pun was totally intended.

If this kind of humor was dirrected at Al Sharpton by a right wing author there would be a double standard in regards to it's reception by the media.

Originally posted by Raymond Bunch
I tend to agree with John, I also firmly believe that even though everyone is entitled to free speech, there is a time and place for subjects such as this. Like at home where you can say what you want without causing a controversy over racist remarks / Pictures drawing, etc... by others.

Here in the Marine Corps there is only one color, and that color is green. Racisim is not tolerated and is enforced with very harsh consequences for anyone violating this article these days. Times have changed for the better, and It's taken very seriously.....Everyone should be treated equally, fairly and with dignity and respect...... No man is better than the next!

Just like I explain to my young Marines:

There may be a time in your life when your in situation that you can't get out of, and the next thing you know, that white man, that black man, or who ever you hated just pulled you to safety and saved your life.....Wouldn't you feel like an A$$ afterwards? Because you hated these people and criticised them for no apparent reason. It can happen and has happend!

Moral of the story, treat everyone with respect! Enough said.

God bless our men and women in uniform!
This is also not politicaly correct but from my heart!

Be careful John,

These good ol boys are gonna have a field day with you, yawl livin
in San Francisco..

"I aint ignurunt, Im a Republican"

Originally posted by We4ster
Be careful John,

in San Francisco..

I'm glad you're out there. You deserve it. :D

Originally posted by We4ster
Be careful John,

in San Francisco..

Wow, that was a really good slam on all of us 'good ol' boys'. Perhaps while typing up your low-brow but amusing quip you forgot that most of the gentlemen here who have disagreed with you have done it in a manner far more erudite than yourself. Or is diction another quality of rednecks? Look at us all, waving our Confederate flags and making our moonshine....and worse yet, applauding the avenging all of those who were murdered without provocation or even involvement back in Sept. '01. Now where'd I put the keys to the General Lee?

John, your point are well taken. I hate this PC crap much like you do.

My problem is this is so lopsided. It seems to be OK to paint a Repblican as a bigot and racist. The seed is planted over and over that it must have some roots to it. It feeds a stereotype of what Black America has come to believe.

President Bush has selected Colin Powell to hold the highest office every held by an American Black male. This week Ms Rice will give some of the most important testimony the 9/11 commision will receive. Again one of the highest positions of responsibility in our government that an American Black woman has ever held. President Bush is putting a huge part of his reputation in her hands.

President Bush has done exactly as he said he would do. Women and people of color hold positions at all levels, to the top, of his administration.

Why should we allow him to be painted a racist at any level?

To me it seems odd that the blacks have the NAACP and thats OK but if your in the KKK your a hate monger,just dont see the difference,whats good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Try living in Alabama,itll turn you into a racist. Not saying that every black person from AL is like that but 90% of em are,they act like you owe them something. And they just love white girls but hate the white man,WTF is up with that??:confused:

Oh, I see,I wouldnt want to **** a black chick either:)

Flame suit on and ready :p

BTW I am NOT a racist just calling it like I see it.I have several black friends.

Wow, you don't see the difference between the KKK and the NAACP?:confused:

Please explain.

Originally posted by broke1
To me it seems odd that the blacks have the NAACP and thats OK but if your in the KKK your a hate monger,just dont see the difference,whats good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Try living in Alabama,itll turn you into a racist. Not saying that every black person from AL is like that but 90% of em are,they act like you owe them something. And they just love white girls but hate the white man,WTF is up with that??:confused:

Oh, I see,I wouldnt want to **** a black chick either:)

Flame suit on and ready :p

BTW I am NOT a racist just calling it like I see it.I have several black friends.

FWIW & IMHO:
Racism is never ok. It never was, and it never will be. Nor will it ever be proper. Nor will it ever be cool. It is "socially acceptable" only among people who don't know any better. And you are right. The Law enforcement officer that protects you, the fireman who pulls you out of a burning building, the emergency medical personnel who respond to your house when you have called 911, and the doctor and nurses who put you back together don't ask what race you are before they perform their jobs. Why should you?, Or I, or anybody.