Is my car a GN or a T Type

quickturbo

I just bought 87 Grand National ( Was listed as one) but the trunk sticker says WE4. I was told the car was bought new in Puerto Rico and then brought to Florida in the early 2000 and the paper work that came with the car supports that. The car is all black with T tops and has everything a GN has with the exception of the door panels having a different pattern stitched into them and the dash plate had a grand national emblem over the regal emblem . Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? could the dealership in Puerto Rico re badged a T type?
My trunk RPO sticker does match my vin.
Thanks
Alan

A GN is WE2 so someone probably just put all the GN stuff in your car to clone one. The WE4 is a pretty desirable car in its own right.

opinions ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ are like a$$holes , they all stink!
nothing wrong with the car, WE4 only had 1547 built, so technically is more rare,
you can restore it to original condition, or leave it alone, its yours to enjoy!
check out "GN T type.org" http://www.gnttype.org/
for alot of good info.

If the vin on the sticker does not match the vin on your car the deck lid was probably replaced at one time. Post up pictures of car

Yes. The RPO sticker matches the vin. I'm trying to find somebody that can run the VIN number and get a sales history on the car.I have a few calls out already.

If there was a dealership that sold them or someone bought one new and had it shipped down to puerto rico, would be the only way. Pretty sure canada and the 50 states in the us were only places you could acquire a TR new.

But congrats on getting a lighter weight version of the GN, welcome to the TR club. :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app