Iron vs aluminum heads

aquickv6

Has anyone compared a fully ported set of Champion CNC irons against a "out of the box" set of aluminun heads ?

Wondering if anyone has seen any real world performance differences.

We did this a couple years ago on a local T-R. The difference was awesome with the out-of-the-box GN-1's!:D

Of course this is expected when you have a 1.90" intake valve vs. 1.77" and 1.60" vs. 1.50" for the stockers and ports to match.;)

Nick,

Have you ever compared the "out of the box" TA heads and the "out of the box" GN1's?

Thanks

We did this a couple years ago on a local T-R. The difference was awesome with the out-of-the-box GN-1's!:D

Of course this is expected when you have a 1.90" intake valve vs. 1.77" and 1.60" vs. 1.50" for the stockers and ports to match.;)

What type of gains did you see ET& MPH wise?

Nick,

Have you ever compared the "out of the box" TA heads and the "out of the box" GN1's?

Thanks

I would also take into consideration the durability of the TA head if you might ever step things up in your combo you won't have to worry about cracking with the TA heads.

gn1's

I would also take into consideration the durability of the TA head if you might ever step things up in your combo you won't have to worry about cracking with the TA heads.
Cracking? hope not I just installed a set of race ported gn-1's on my beast!!!!!!

The latest version GN1s don't crack...it's the earlier versions (forget which years). I ran a set of GN1s for 3-4 years out of the box and no problems. HUGE difference between those and stock heads unported. I went from 11.50's to 11.00's on the same turbo by just switching heads.

If I had it to do over again with mods on my car, GN1s would be at the top of my list. My car ran 12.6's(108mph) at the track with a stock turbo on pump gas(no alky) with them at 16lbs of boost. Just drove to track, put on slicks and ran. Plus, Tom has always been great to deal with as I have drove down to drop off/pick up heads at his shop several times having them freshened up on rebuilds. He did the work himself on one occasion.