Intrepid fan wiring

raregn

Addicted to BOOST
I just picked up a used Dodge Intrepid dual cooling fan assembly for my GN.

I see there is a nice plug and play harness from Caspers, but I'm a mechanic and a little cheap so I'm going to make my own wiring. I'm in Canada and that $70.00 harness will cost me about $150.00 by the time it's all done.

for the Dodge 2 speed fans, I was using jumper wires and a battery and it doesn't seem to make a difference which wire I power up the fans seem to run at the same speed. do both the yellow and green wires need to be powered at the same time to get high speed?

^^ What he said..... fans have two winding. Both have to be energized for it to run on hi speed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going "cheap" can pre-maturally kill your fans, the smart thing to do is use a separate relay and wiring for each fan like the Casper's harness, and connect the wiring direct to the battery.

Using the 30+ year old stock relays and wiring is not a good method to run 2 fans in my opinion.

These fans are designed for only a single speed.

There are options for using these fans at different seasons/ambient temps.

One Intrepid fan is about equal to a stock fan. With AC operating both fans should be on, but in normal temps and AC not on, one fan will do ok.

The second fan can be set to come on with the AC operating, or a manual switch depending on your preference.

Since I hear it can get cold in Canada sometimes, you may want to use only one fan so there is enough heat to be comfortable when needed!