intrepid fan wiring

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
I tried to search this on here but came up empty on an exact answer, I have a set of fans out of an intrepid. I am trying to figure out the wiring on it, according to mitchell blacks are ground green is low and yellow is high, well green is the same speed as yellow but green and yellow together are high does this sound about right? i dont want to burn anything out mitchell says green low and yellow high but if you look at the schematic you cant tell if they are calling in yellow and green at the same time for high anyone deal with this first hand? thank you in advance

You've pretty much got it right. The way the fan motors are designed and wired, you need both colors powered to get up to correct speed.

Mitchel is wrong.

I just was not sure normally if a motor has more that one speed and you energize more than one winding at the same time it will burn up a winding ..just did not want to blow up my nice new fans ha ha..thankyou for the information

I wired up one of the power leads to the low speed fan relay & wired up the other to the hi speed relay.
Don't know if it really matters, however, I have lo & hi speed fan operation - same as Buick did it originally.

Thank you everyone for the replies ..so my findings were that yellow is low speed. And yellow and green together are high speed atleast that's how the fans for the model year intrepid I got the fans out of is wired

The factory grounds (with adapter plugs that use the factory harness) on the various fans i have tried have always heated up. I run a seperate ground on mine.
If your using the factory grounds check teh wire for heat after the fans have been on for a while.