INTHEEIGHTS New Dyno Numbers 2-20-07

Those are some sweat hp #. Got a question for you guys. When running a car with this amount of horsepower I would assume that you would run a elec. boost controller. So my question is being that it is blow thru are you able to reference fuel with boost anyhow(other than 1 lbs fuel press per 1 lbs boost) If not how much boost do you think you can pull out before you start having trouble firing it when the max boost a/f ratio is in the 11.2 range. Trying to decide if the controller will work for my application. Thanks

Those are some sweat hp #. Got a question for you guys. When running a car with this amount of horsepower I would assume that you would run a elec. boost controller. So my question is being that it is blow thru are you able to reference fuel with boost anyhow(other than 1 lbs fuel press per 1 lbs boost) If not how much boost do you think you can pull out before you start having trouble firing it when the max boost a/f ratio is in the 11.2 range. Trying to decide if the controller will work for my application. Thanks
i really dont think i can answer your question. that would be a good question for cal hartline im sorry i dont want to miss lead you......... i am using msd dig 7 programmable with ams -1000 boost controller.

Are you asking if he can control fuel with a carb like you can with EFI? You say "how much boost do you think you can pull out"......pull out means to lower boost:confused: I'm guessing your asking how much boost can he run.

I don't understand carbs setup for boost so if you want to know how a carb works under boost and what all you change to get the desired a/f ratio then you need to call someone like Steve Morris. I doubt anyone on this site can explain a carb set up with you in any detail. They are basically changing jetting and other carb adjustments along with the pressure referenced regulator to get the a/f where they want it. Ken can run 35# of boost if he wishes, the carb just needs the proper tuning and jetting to keep the a/f where he wants it. The boost controller controls boost only so there is nothing controlling the fuel in a carb set-up other than you.

heres a pic on the dyno i have a video i just dont know how to post it i need help.

Attachments

• DYNO PULLS AT STEVES ON TURBO M 005.jpg
    DYNO PULLS AT STEVES ON TURBO M 005.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 306