interior panel restoration

st1nger

well for everyone to included myself' looking at or planning to restore there interior panels does anybody know where to get or what brand/materials to use.
Has anyone dyed, painted, or stained there panels?

my car set for Ten year in az sun no rust but hell on interiors componets

Well, you can paint the plastic panels IF they are in good shape. If the panels have been out in the sun for a long period of time, they may be starting to "flake". If they have this soapy, flakey residue, thay really can't be painted with success and the best bet is to find a replacement part. As far as "soft" items such as seats, I have not dyed these parts, but find a good uplostry shop, thay can rebuild your covers to factory specs. The paints I used for the interior were from PPG and were designed for plastic panels and interior compents. I good paint store sould be able to steer you in the right direction.

interior restoration

thanks for info got PPG product the other day panels are all soft and pliable basic good shape have to relace 2 with small crack new panels are darker grey hopefully it will work let everybody know jon

I've just ordered some VHT vinyl paint thats supposed to change the colour of the pigment, not sit on top like a layer of paint, I'll take a few before and after pics and show 'em when i'm done :)