Interior Paint?

jdpolzin

Ok guys, I just wasted $40 shipped from Postons on a can of SEM Presido "Grey" and a can of Burgandy paint for the T. The colors dont even come close, looks like crap. DO NOT BUY THESE!! Anyways, where can I get something that actually matches the grey in the GN and the burgandy in the T? Thanks for the help! ------Jeremy

wow really. my buddy just bought some for his WE4 painted the plastics and it turned out as good as factory. could yours be really faded?

You could go to your local PPG or DuPont paint store and get a can of vinyl paint in each color and use a spray gun or have them put it in a spray can for you. If you dont know where to do try going to a Body Shop and see if they can get the paint for you or find out where they get there paint from.

In my experience the SEM Presidio Grey is just too light to match the interior plastic pieces...I went to the Auto Paint store...brought a piece of trim and had them match(via formulation) the paint and put it into spray cans...not cheap for the formulation but now they have my formula on file and all I need to do is go in and they can repeat the color over and over...you can also try the DupliColor Interior Trim spray paints...several variations of gray...very close to some of the interior pieces...like the steering column...but not the plastic trim...

I would order from Kirbans. Used two cans and it did the whole interior. I was very pleased with the paint match. It was perfect. very high quality and the cans have the newer style spray valve. trim pieces look brand new. Dont remember the brand name.

Yeah the SEM Presido is way too light. I suppose I'll just have to go to the paint store. My biggest concern is the burgandy. This is WAY TOO LIGHT. I cant even believe they advertise it as being and interior paint for our cars. It looks more like orange compared to the rest of the burgandy.

wow really. my buddy just bought some for his WE4 painted the plastics and it turned out as good as factory. could yours be really faded?

I wish my cars were really faded, this paint may have actually matched then.

Hey Jeremy, let me know how the grey paint turns out. My interior is faded 10 different colors from the sun. I got the dash and column out, pulled the bumpers, and deck lid. Got one of my buddies to come over, the work when way smoother. Pulling dashes suck. Can't wait to put that back in:rolleyes: . Wonder how many times its gonna take me to get that vent elbow on:confused:

Hey Dude, the grey is not even close. Very disappointed in these products. Dont waste your money!

Interior paint

We had the paint exactly matched from new parts or extremely low mileage parts. You will not find anyone else carrying this paint as it is paint matched for us exclusively.
We just ordered 60+ cans of medium gray Same as 85-7 GN.
GBodyParts.com Online

I imagine that most of it is normal fading. But when I look at my dealer book it lists different interior color codes depending on whether it's a t-type, regal, bench or bucket seats. The chips are nearly identical but I wonder if there is a subtile variation that may being passed through.

how well does this paint hold out, i remember years ago i used some interior paint and by the time i installed the pillars the paint was easily scuffed, scratched and peeling. is this stuff any better or was it just poor prep work on my behalf (likely).

Brian, what do you have for a price on these cans of paint? what is shipping usually running?

I just ordered a dash panel from gbodyparts and the gray they used to paint it matched my original one very good.

My dad had the paint guy come out to his shop and he took a reading off my dash. Mixed me up a single stage color and it matched my faded out interior quite nicely!