Interesting question for the gurus

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
From what I understand, to get a better boost level a smaller exhuast side housing with a moderate increase of the intake side housing will give better spool and higher boost. If that's the case couldn't I run the early tta intake side and the t-type exhuast side to get better presure boost and spool?

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a "guru", but a smaller exhaust housing will give you a quicker spool at the expense of exhaust flow and top end power. An increase in compressor housing size will not necessarily yield more boost; that is more a function of the wastegate. The way I understand it is you will not see any benefit to having a larger compressor housing unless you're running over 24 pounds of boost, and then only if you're unable to maintain 24 pounds at WOT with the turbo you have (24 pounds is 24 pounds no matter what size turbo you have). I've seen 24 pounds with my TE-44 but I don't know at what point it would run out of breath as that was not intentional (malfunctioning wastegate due to hole in diaphragm) so I got off the gas pedal as quick as I could (I was running 94 octane and saw 19.9 degrees of KR:eek: ).