Intercooler Shroud/Duct

joejakegrace

Going to be removing mine to replace it - it's caught a few street bumps by the looks of things and it is cable tied together in a couple of spots.

Anyone remove / replace theirs and do it without major nose work? Can you slide it out???

There are I think 4 bolts that hold the intercooler in. Then there are 3 screws on each of the four sides of the intercooler holding the shroud to the intercooler. Remove the up pipe and MAF pipe first. Then unbolt the 4 bolts (I think there's one on the driver side, one on the passenger side, and two underneath). Now unscrew the 12 screws holding the shroud to the intercooler. Make sure the hose from the intercooler to the turbo is off and then carefully lift it out through the top and towards the passenger side. It's a fairly easy job. The first time I did it I think it took about and hour and half. Now I can do it in about 30-45 minutes. Leave the shroud sitting by itself in it's spot when you pull the intercooler out. Take them out seperate. I have never taken the shroud out but it's just sitting there once the screws are undone.

Originally posted by joejakegrace
Going to be removing mine to replace it - it's caught a few street bumps by the looks of things and it is cable tied together in a couple of spots.

Anyone remove / replace theirs and do it without major nose work? Can you slide it out???

At least there's a source now for BRAND NEW REPRODUCTION intercooler shroud/ducts so you don't have to use something that's not close to being correct or trying to rig up something.

Alan

Re: Re: Intercooler Shroud/Duct

Originally posted by Alan Faircloth
At least there's a source now for BRAND NEW REPRODUCTION intercooler shroud/ducts so you don't have to use something that's not close to being correct or trying to rig up something.

Alan

are they actually being produced yet? got a link?

I got mine in transit to my US office (shipped yesterday form Carmotorsports.com), will pick it up when I'm out there (west coast) end of the month and bring it back to the UK !

Once I got it I can snap some photos and post them on my site.

Anyone interested in a used OEM one, let me know ;)

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
I got mine in transit to my US office (shipped yesterday form Carmotorsports.com), will pick it up when I'm out there (west coast) end of the month and bring it back to the UK !

Once I got it I can snap some photos and post them on my site.

Anyone interested in a used OEM one, let me know ;)

please post lots of pics when you get it. they only have that 1 pic on the website and you can't really see it.