Installing XFI

Cobia245

Installing XFI this weekend (If my wife doesn’t have something for me to do) I was hoping to get a list of things to look out for mistakes that others have made like O2 placement, Inlet air temp placement and any other thing you can think of. I am using the plug and play adapter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can answer your two specific questions about sensor placement.

The 02 Sensor should be installed in the downpipe between 2 1/2 and 4 feet from the turbocharger. I got this information from a friend who asked this very question to John Meaney.

The air temperature sensor should be mounted so that it is reading the air temperature as it enteres the motor. A lot of people install them in the pipe between the intercooler and the throttle body. This is much better than installing it before the intercooler as XFI uses the air temperature for fuel calculations. Mine is actually installed in the plenum spacer. You'll need a 3/8" pipe tap and a 37/64" drill bit (9/16" will work) if you're using the factory air temperature sensor.

Thanks for the information WhiteTType those were the two answers I needed. My search didn’t clear up those two questions. As for having everyone post there “mistakes” I might should had said post what you “learned” while installing a XFI. :D I have never made a mistake I have only had learning experiences.:wink: