Installed factory radio, won't play, HELP

89IndyTA

Never enough time........
All I get is the word "LOC" in the display. I know there must be an override for the security system. Help me please I just want to hear some tunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIA

Does the head unit say "Theft-lock" on it? If it does then the previous owner entered lock code and when power is lost it goes onto theft lock mode. If you do not have the code, then you will have to go to a GM dealer and pay to have it unlocked.

If it is the original factory radio that came with the TTA all you have to do is hit either the 'mute' button or 'recall' (on the steering wheel control) with the ignition on and radio off, I believe. Obviously the wheel controls must be plugged in. Going from memory - which ain't what it used to be. Happened to me when I first bought mine over 10 years ago.

radio lock

89 Indy,
if that doesn't work, send me a message and i'll try to see if the code i have is a general "one code fixes all" code. later...

Originally posted by GNandTTA
If it is the original factory radio that came with the TTA all you have to do is hit either the 'mute' button or 'recall' (on the steering wheel control) with the ignition on and radio off, I believe. Obviously the wheel controls must be plugged in. Going from memory - which ain't what it used to be. Happened to me when I first bought mine over 10 years ago.

Your Mamory :) is correct. That what the manual reds too.
Regards,
Jeff

Well, I have not been able to get back to the TTA but I wanted to thank all that replied to my perdicerment. So..........

radio loc

Hey you guy's, the timing of this thread is unreal. I just had sub frame connectors installed, and they must have disconnected the battery to weld them in, or something. The radio was locked out, and I pressed the mute button, and tunes again! I went to the GM dealer, and they were going to send my radio in for a week to get the thing unlocked! Just wanted to say thanks, and this web site is the best for accurate info. ttanut

Still no luck fellows, any more ideas. NOSJohnWE4 anything for me yet?

Thanks for the help to all

Butch

radio

Butch,
sorry, i went with the folks to dinner for my birthday and forgot all about it. i will go out tomorrow morning and get that sheet for you. talk at you later...

89IndyTa, do your steering wheel controls work? It worked for TTANut and I know it worked for me a long time ago. I really don't think there is a code. Do the orange lights on the wheel controls come on when you put the lights on?

HEHEHEHE

Funny thing, it just happened to me also, finally got the car running after a year and put in a fresh battery and fire it up, the radio says "LOC" so I figured I would have to go to the dealer, anyways, I was sitting there breaking in the cam and started hitting the buttons on the steering wheel and the radio comes back to life, I want to say I was hitting the volume up-down buttons when I noticed it, probably hit the mute before that though.
(this happened sunday afternoon)

Well, after 8 days of 14 hour shifts at work I had some time to fiddle with the TTA. The steering wheel radio controls lite up but still no dice. As I looked around and thought back to the install of the radio I remembered I had to run a hot wire from the fuse box so the aftermarket radio would work. Now the ??? is where would the fuse be at that would "breaker" this wire. I need to now which fuse in the fuse block or else where would run power to this wire for constant power or memory of the factory radio.

Still on this trail to another mistery of life?

Butch

I will be at heartland friday night racing and stuff, I can help you then if you want to come out!!

I would love to see your car as well.

L8R

Phil

Phil,

Go figure, I have plans to be in Noble, OK this weekend. Otherwise I would like to meet up with ya. Been awhile since I've been to T-Town. If plans change I'll shoot an Email.

Butch