input shaft checkball

monte_383

ref no. 501 in the ATSG manual. Do I need it for one of Bruce's billet inputs. Its all back together and I noticed that wasn't there. Running a L/U convertor if that makes a difference. It's a whopping $5 at GM, and I am gonna pick it up tomorrow, just in case. Need input:D -Chuck

I heard leaving the check ball out allows for quicker L/U of the converter as it lessons the restriction to flow. Don't know pesonally if it's a good thing or not but I'm sure bruce or someone else with more knowledge will let you know if the the right thing to do.

i dont run one and i've seen bruce say toss em on a few acasions

i like it much better without it .

Eliminating the checkball is best when planning on WOT TCC apply because it'll apply firmer and quicker.

The pressure regulator parts shown on Bruce's page go in the pump, not in the VB. Dropping the pan provides access.

So there is no down side to this? So long as it won't hurt any thing, I think I'll leave it out. -Chuck

asphalt, the pressure regulator you have linked to is in the ATSG manual in figure 174 on page 93. Ref. #'s 218 through 224. For sure goes in the pump. -Chuck

Originally posted by monte_383
asphalt, the pressure regulator you have linked to is in the ATSG manual in figure 174 on page 93. Ref. #'s 218 through 224. For sure goes in the pump. -Chuck
Thanks ,I did reciee an email from Mark about this ,,thanks