I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

Question?
When you dod a pulley mod and/or tune the car to specific mods, can you still use the black key? And If so, Does the black key (500hp) get bumped to a new HP level? say 550hp

Question?
When you dod a pulley mod and/or tune the car to specific mods, can you still use the black key? And If so, Does the black key (500hp) get bumped to a new HP level? say 550hp

Another question would be does the "black key" (if it is real, like the Boss Mustang Ford "red key" which DOES exist) void the warranty when used, as the Ford key was rumored to do?

Is there a second key that somehow "Turns loose the Beast"?

SOOOOO much conjecture and misinformation.......

Owners, please clarify.

I've been hanging around the Hellcat forum a while now and the car is no joke. They're in the 9's with E85 tune, pulleys and bigger injectors. I may sell my Viper and get one. The prices are falling as we speak. New 16's are selling below invoice. I'm waiting for a used 16 with a roof and an A8. You may want to jump on the Hellcat board and do some reading.

Another question would be does the "black key" (if it is real, like the Boss Mustang Ford "red key" which DOES exist) void the warranty when used, as the Ford key was rumored to do?

Is there a second key that somehow "Turns loose the Beast"?

SOOOOO much conjecture and misinformation.......

Owners, please clarify.
The two keys do exist on the Hellcat. No voiding. We used the "red one" when I drove my buddy's. LOL. The red key is the 707HP key. The black key is 500HP'ish.

We always drive with the red key. The black key lives in the drawer in my kitchen.

Neal

Now we know how to steal it! J/K

I'm getting Hellcat envy around here. I almost bought a Durango R/T, but changed my mind when I found my CTS V wagon. I need a big hatch, so the Charger / Challenger are out. I'm hoping the platform eventually extends to the Durango. I just like that better than the Grand Cherokee. If that happens I'm hoping to find one in a couple years or so.

Yuk......several other cars I would choose over that. Pontiac Buick to a Dodge. Booooooo

Hellcats are cool cars, why you wanna go and knock 'em?

Pontiac, LOL........ When was it they stopped production again?

Hellcats are cool cars, why you wanna go and knock 'em?

Pontiac, LOL........ When was it they stopped production again?
2009 but I believe there were 1 or 2 2010 models that squeezed out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Some folks are just GM loyalists. GM quality has slipped over time and the others are getting better. I have owned 22 cars so far that include Buick, Chevy, Cadillac, Ford, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Saab, Subaru, Toyota, BMW, and Porsche. I love cars in general and obviously have my own opinions about who is good at what, however I don't close my mind to one company. The Hellcat platform is badass no matter what the nay sayers say. So is the Ford Coyote and Ecoboost motors. GM has the LS stuff. So far I'm happy with my LSA. My point is there is plenty of great technology out there and no need to put on the blinders.

Some folks are just GM loyalists. GM quality has slipped over time and the others are getting better. I have owned 22 cars so far that include Buick, Chevy, Cadillac, Ford, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Saab, Subaru, Toyota, BMW, and Porsche. I love cars in general and obviously have my own opinions about who is good at what, however I don't close my mind to one company. The Hellcat platform is badass no matter what the nay sayers say. So is the Ford Coyote and Ecoboost motors. GM has the LS stuff. So far I'm happy with my LSA. My point is there is plenty of great technology out there and no need to put on the blinders.
I came back to GM after a 10 year hiatus because my Pontiac G8 GT was really a Holden Commodore VE SS built in Australia. Lol.

I came back to GM after a 10 year hiatus because my Pontiac G8 GT was really a Holden Commodore VE SS built in Australia. Lol.

Well, let us know when you take delivery of that brand new 700+ HP Pontiac. ;)

Be sure to post lots of pics. :eek::eek::eek:

Yuk......several other cars I would choose over that. Pontiac Buick to a Dodge. Booooooo

I've been thinking on this since you posted. I can tell you I've been a dedicated GM guy for better than 30 years. I can't count how many Buicks I've owned, there have been a couple of Pontiacs in the mix maybe even an Olds or Chevy. What I can tell you without question is that my Hellcat is hands down the best all round car I've ever had. If you want to be down on Mopar that's your prerogative but after owning my current car I'm not sure why I was dedicated to GM for so long. Any time you find yourself in the So Cal area look me up and I'll let you drive the car and then you can make an informed opinion.

Neal

Last edited:
You bringing it on Saturday? I would pay to drive it for a fee min neal

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

QUOTE="750H.P.V6, post: 3705527, member: 3170"]I've been thinking on this since you posted. I can tell you I've been a dedicated GM guy for better than 30 years. I can't count how many Buick I've owned, there have been a couple of Pontiacs in the mix maybe even an Olds or Chevy. What I can tell you without question is that my Hellcat is hands down the best all round car I've ever had. If you want to be down on Mopar that's your prerogative but after owning my current car I'm not sure why I was dedicated to GM for so long. Any time you find yourself in the So Cal area look me up and I'll let you drive the car and then you can make an informed opinion.

Neal[/QUOTE]

Coltsfan1.........