I'm Lost!! Stator??

Cobia245

I was loading up the converter in the driveway when it made a noise. I let my foot of the gas and held the brake in gear and there was whining noise from the trans area only in gear with the car not moving. I replaced the converter with a pats 12" 2600-2800 and the whining went away.:) But the car will not load up more than 1500 rpm nor can I spin tires power braking in the grass.The car still runs and dives great good power from a roll. Talk to two trans. guys local and they both said stator in the pump. Does this sound right??:confused: Is there something else he should look at when I drop it off Monday?? :confused: What is a stator and were is it?:confused: :confused:
Any help would be appreciated.

The stator is in the torque converter. They are probably talking about the stator support which is attached to the pump.

Sounds like a bad converter. No torque multiplication=broken converter.

I snapped a stator shaft inside of the converter a few years back.
It was an art car unit.
anything is possible
Good luck Dude.

Sounds like a bad converter. No torque multiplication=broken converter.

It might be its brand new. I hope not.

I snapped a stator shaft inside of the converter a few years back.
It was an art car unit.

When I replaced the converter I did not see any thing wrong with the stator shaft but I was on my back in the driveway and i did not pull the trans from under the car. The stator shaft is the larger shaft that you put the converter on right?

I was also thinking :eek: I don't know what camshaft is in this car. If it was replaced with a larger one would that keep the car from spooling up and rpms at 1500 with a 2600-2800 converter and ta-49 turbo? It did fine with the old converter but it wasn't stock. It had d6 stamped on the outside.

I don't know I'm just stabbing at ideas.