I'm first!!!!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Damn Jay you didn't waste anytime with this one.. Now somebody who has a turbo V8 in a Turbo Regal post up... Dusty, Chow, Cliff, Richie, etc.??

And just to get it out of the way I'll be the first to say... How the hell could you put a Turbo V8 in a Buick??!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :wink: :tongue: :D

Since I have a Buick Turbo V6 in my Chevy I'm called a HYBRID. So I guess all the Turbo V8's are BUICK engines since they don't post in the HYBRID section!:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

Wow that was fast. hope In between Dusty , Richie and maybe Chow we can have a wealth of information in Regal V8 turbo swaps.

For me ...preliminary talks have occured! and plans are being drawn out. Picked Dustys brain over some beers and clams at Reynolds. He gave me lots of great info.

John Wilde ,
U think Chow could keep an eye on this forum ?

i was wanting to pick dusty's brain friday night about a conversion to.but did not want to bother him after the steering incident.but i would like info also.

Thanks for the fast action Jay and Shane, I have not seen it that fast since before I was married!:eek: :D :mad:
Let's make this a great addition.
Idaho GN is working on a 2000HP SBC to go into his new GN.
I would love to see more people post now that we have a safe place!

I have a chevy 400 4bolt main block.want to make a turbo motor with it.

How much power do you want to make?
I think I would fill the block since some of the 400 blocks have had issues.
If you can go with a 3.750 or larger stroke crank, it will help the spool if running a big single or nice twins!
What kind of heads are you looking at using?

i was wanting to pick dusty's brain friday night about a conversion to.but did not want to bother him after the steering incident.but i would like info also.

You should have stopped by. We were having grilled pork tenderloin and refreshments:) I was upset about the car but it's only minor cosmetic damage. I would have been glad to speak with you about the swap and help tune your car that we talked about earlier. I thought you may not have made the race.

The only bad thing about making lots of hp is what all can go wrong. When something fails the speeds are much higher and damage gets worse. A simple set screw put me into the wall but I was thankful it happened when it did. The next pass would have been out the back at 170.

interesting section

hmmm I've gotta keep my eye on this section....anyone thinking an lt1 or old tpi? those turboed should be pretty mean and they sell alot of retro fit kits for them right?

Just a idea

I owning a 84 regal that I wish to hopefully drop a motor in would think maybe a twin turbo ls1 in a buick or maybe even a ls7.

wow, all I can say is that its about frickin time this board got a v8 section!:biggrin: Now I really regret getting rid of my old T-Type. Oh well, I guess Ill just have to have fun watching you guys! Oh wait, I forgot Im doing a turbo setup to my Cobra already!:p

I am doing some home work on the SBC Ram jet create engine
With may be small twins or single turbo.

That would be a very cool looking set up. I really like the way that intake looks. But i would be carefull as that complete motor comes with cast pistons , so maybe apiston swap would be necessary.

That would be a very cool looking set up. I really like the way that intake looks. But i would be carefull as that complete motor comes with cast pistons , so maybe apiston swap would be necessary.

thanks
i am also looking into just buying the intake with all the hardware and putting it into a built engine.
for now just doing lots of home work, and counting $.01's