I'm a newb...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Guess I haven't got a clue between FAL or M-14 style magazines. I ordered 5 of these and got a LULA loader (from a diff outfit) for them which doesn't fit.

The 24221 loader I got has no way of locking onto the mag, it has a wire bail that's supposed to snag on something at the rear that my mags don't have. I can't tell from pix or even from ButlerCreek's website if the 24220 LULA is made to work with the catch like the AR-15 mags have. I really don't want to buy another if it won't latch on correctly...

So, are the mags with the AR-15 style "catch" on the side considered FAL or M-14? Now I'm not even sure these will work on my Rock River LAR-08 Predator (which should be here in a week or so).

TIA!

That mag is made for AR-10 type rifles Russ, which were down sized to become the AR-15. The FN-FAL (metric), FN-LAR (SAE Brittish), and the M-14 all have the release at the back of the magazine and the release is at the back of the well, not to mention they don't exactly interchange. Those are the wrong mags, sorry.

Yup, they are wrong. The rifle came in today and we verified they don't fit. When I bought them, I could have sworn the text with the pic said FN/FAL but after I went back and looked again, it does not. At least I got the right loader! So what the h#ll do these fit? Guess I need to shop them and find the correct mags.

Thanks Charlie!