If you can go back...........

TED73

When I decided to purchase my first GN, I thought I knew allot about these cars. Unfortunately, I was unaware that the GN was offfered with T-Tops. I actually love the car w/ T-Tops and looks nice with them off. I would have purchased one if I would have known.:eek:

I happen to tell my wife which I think she just listen to be nice. She suggested for me to see if anyone wants to trade. Though this was a good idea from her, my response was, "I doubt it".

Just wish I knew back then.:(

Rattles and leaks might change your mind.

Mine don't rattle or leak water but the wind noise on the highway is really annoying. Plus I have a small spot of rust I need to cut out before I have a real mess on my hands.

Do a search on T-top rust - it is pretty scary what some guys had to fix - at least one guy welded a hardtop on to fix all the t-top rust...

My first GN had them and i thought they were cool. Butt i was young and dumb then. My next one will not.:)

Mine don't rattle or leak water but the wind noise on the highway is really annoying. Plus I have a small spot of rust I need to cut out before I have a real mess on my hands.

Do a search on T-top rust - it is pretty scary what some guys had to fix - at least one guy welded a hardtop on to fix all the t-top rust...

Reckless Rob cut his whole T top roof off and replaced it with one from a junk car that wasn't as rusty. Ton of work. Glad I went hardtop. I do like Little Steve's astro roof though. It doesn't rattle or leak (that I'm aware of).

I've heard all about the issues that comes with owning a GN w/ t-tops but my current car is not modified and only take it out on weekends or when the weather is nice. They do look nice though!

I HATE my T Tops. They rattle, have a ton of wind noise, and I haven't even looked into how much rust damage I have yet. :eek: Also, the roofline on these cars is too high to really get the effect when the tops are off. There is a good chance I will convert this thing to a hardtop car.

When I decided to purchase my first GN, I thought I knew allot about these cars. Unfortunately, I was unaware that the GN was offfered with T-Tops. I actually love the car w/ T-Tops and looks nice with them off. I would have purchased one if I would have known.:eek:

I happen to tell my wife which I think she just listen to be nice. She suggested for me to see if anyone wants to trade. Though this was a good idea from her, my response was, "I doubt it".

Just wish I knew back then.:(

I personally wish I bought one without t-tops...I think it looks funny with them out,they leak a little and they have been completly re-done..My stereo rattles them around..All in all I wish mine wasnt a t-top car...

what i heard about T top cars

had a buddy in the collision business and said when you buy a car with t tops and it's in a wreck that you can twist the a pillers and it'll leak real bad and wind up being a pain due to other issues with wind and other stuff. just something to think about. i'm sure there are other collision repair guys here and depending on how bad the accident was and where the car was hit will depend on it not being ok after repairing the damage. just thougt i would pass that info along. i had a T top 300 zx and only took them off a hand full of times. just a pain, plus people like to borrow them if you get my drift. it's already easy to get into our cars but why give them another reason to part your car out if it's not at the junk yard.