I woke up & dont want them anymore

I sold one of my GNs back in August.I have owned 1 GN for 20 years and owned 2 for the last 10 years.It just got the point where it was senseless for me to own 2 GNs when I only get 6 months out of the year to drive them.So I sold one GN and bought a d.d./winter vehicle.FWIW I'll never get rid of my other GN.My nephew can have it when they bury my old arse.

Don't sell it. You will regret it. I had a sweet 87 GN that i bought back in 97 and traded in Y2K because I wanted something new. I still miss that car even though I have a very nice and fast 03 Cobra. I do however plan on having another GN some time soon and I won't ever sell it. I just love those Turbo TR's.

To everyone that is tired of TBs

I will be happy to babysit your cars for u until u get ready for them back-
pay all expenses and provide a credit card for gas and maintenance and I will provide an enclosed shop(heated and cooled of course) I will ensure your cars are exercised often-at the expense of my 94 Grand Prix DD-
BUT WAIT,THERES MORE- call now and I will cut your payment down to 11 months a year instead of 12---thats is roughly a 9 percent savings
HOW COULD U GO WRONG??????!!!!!!
Oh yeah If u just want to get rid of cars or parts, I will be happy to get them out of your way
Operators are standing by or I will provide a mailing address
If I actually get replies I will be blown away but I can dream heh heh heh heh

What would be worse would be the day you woke up and wish you still had them.:D Worse case scenario would be to keep the favorite of the three and get rid of the others but not ALL of them. Wish I was in that position.:D

pay all expenses and provide a credit card for gas and maintenance and I will provide an enclosed shop(heated and cooled of course) I will ensure your cars are exercised often-at the expense of my 94 Grand Prix DD-
BUT WAIT,THERES MORE- call now and I will cut your payment down to 11 months a year instead of 12---thats is roughly a 9 percent savings
Oh yeah If u just want to get rid of cars or parts, I will be happy to get them out of your way

lol.. :)

nice haha!

I think we all go through this feeling of "it'll never end".

I had my first TR in 92. I loved every minute of owning that car but even at that time I considered trading for a Typhoon. It was stolen when I was stationed overseas in 95.

I always wanted another but waited until I finished school. Then, I went crazy and bought several of them. Now I have a garage full of "show cars" that rarely come out into the light of day and enough parts to build a couple more cars. Even now, I sometimes think about liquidating my fleet and making things easier but I know I'd end up regretting it at some point...

Advice to you... Keep the cars and let them sit for a while. Do something else and forget the buicks for the time being. If nothing else, pick one of them to finish, figure out what it needs and spend your winter months buying the parts a piece at a time. In a few months when it's nice and warm you can finish the car, take it out, enjoy it. If you don't still love it-sell it and maybe try again on one of the other cars. You never know. What if the F&F4 actually increases interest in the cars? Then you'll have a market in which to sell. Just my .02

Take my advice, i no longer have a buick. All because I wanted a cheaper and easy car that was faster. It ain't worth it. if you have a TR hold on to it.

I do understand what you are thinking. I am selling my twin turbo car for $14,000 and I have about $80,000 in labor in it. (but I did all the work and charged myself $50/hr.);) I'll even throw in ALL my Buick parts with it. I had to really think hard about selling something that I have literally spent 20 years making. Time for me to move on. The Turbo Regals have been fun, and I still like 'em, BUT.......They are getting boring for me. They sound funny, and they CAN'T make 1800+ hp. period. Time for me to move (location) and move on. Leaving the area and the passion. I'll still work on them, but for myself, I will step UP to a V8. Good luck with your next passion. Don't look back. My dad sold a '69 Boss 429 for 11K back in 1980, and yesterday I saw one on Barett Jackass go for $168,000. I wonder if he cringed when he saw that? Probalby not. He more than doubled his money on it in just 1.5 years. He has also sold '55 T-birds for $1500 and Shelby's, too. They are JUST A CAR!!! Nothing more than a hunk of sheet metal that someone thinks is worth $500,000.:rolleyes: You can't eat a Buick. (but you CAN get SCREWED by one.;) )

I look at any of my cars as, even if I'm not feelin this one right now, it's not hurting anything sitting there. Unless you have storage issues just tuck them away. Otherwise you'll surely end up as many of us who regularly kick ourselves over the one's that got away. If I started now, I'd be very old when finished kicking.

Yep, what he said. I've let some great cars go and have never stopped kicking myself. You always tell yourself you're going to build something better and maybe you do but you always miss what you sell.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my White Turbo Limited in my Avatar to build something else. I overdid it and it is too fast now and really no fun on the street anymore. I wish I had my mid 12 sec Silver Limited instead.

Mikey

I do understand what you are thinking. I am selling my twin turbo car for $14,000 and I have about $80,000 in labor in it. (but I did all the work and charged myself $50/hr.);) I'll even throw in ALL my Buick parts with it. I had to really think hard about selling something that I have literally spent 20 years making. Time for me to move on. The Turbo Regals have been fun, and I still like 'em, BUT.......They are getting boring for me. They sound funny, and they CAN'T make 1800+ hp. period. Time for me to move (location) and move on. Leaving the area and the passion. I'll still work on them, but for myself, I will step UP to a V8. Good luck with your next passion. Don't look back. My dad sold a '69 Boss 429 for 11K back in 1980, and yesterday I saw one on Barett Jackass go for $168,000. I wonder if he cringed when he saw that? Probalby not. He more than doubled his money on it in just 1.5 years. He has also sold '55 T-birds for $1500 and Shelby's, too. They are JUST A CAR!!! Nothing more than a hunk of sheet metal that someone thinks is worth $500,000.:rolleyes: You can't eat a Buick. (but you CAN get SCREWED by one.;) )

wow !!! you sound like me more and more each day :eek: :p I still hallucinate (keeps the mind sharp :eek: ) BUT they are only cars. Guess old people get board more easily! I remember when I bought my dream car years ago .. 427 Shelby Cobra. I can't tell ya the whinning my wife put up with from me wanting the car. Finally she said to just BUY the damm car and shut up. Then after 5 years the car just wasn't "all that" to me anymore. Do I miss it ?? NOPE.. BUT if I did I could still go out and BUY another. They made more than 1 :eek: :biggrin:

I would have a much better quality of life if I didn't own my GN. I don't make that much a year. As such, I've been living paycheck to paycheck for the past four years. Everytime I start digging myself out of debt, something major fags out on the car. I get so pissed sometimes, I'm almost reduced to tears. If I hadn't put as much labor and heart into this car, I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago. So, your quote of
These cars are the closest I've come to an addiction besides " women "
personifies my own relationship with my TR. I question whether I will ever break the cycle of pissing money and time away. I just haven't gotten enough of the turbo whistling with the windows down and all of the thumbs-up from onlookers I guess.

This is my TR. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

I'm waiting for the "I live my Life a 1/4 mile at a time" :biggrin:

We all get discouraged.

I payed good $$$ for some machine work that cost me an engine.

I was ready to sell but I'm glad I stuck it out. Car runs great and is enjoyed by my family.
They love sunday drives with the T Tops out.

The Damn Tranny is slipping now.... :mad:

You know how I feel I'm ready just to take my car and have it crushed maybe we could get a 2 for 1 deal