I was left speechless.....

Madcat455

True love
And that's never happened to me before... LOL.

Start off with the story.... I've been seeing a girl for a while now, and we're getting real serious. Talking about moving in together and such. Well, she's going to try to short sell her house around 6mo from now, and her and her kids will move in with me.

Knowing that that'll screw her credit, she decided to get a new car, one that'd hold all 7 of us (my 3 kids too).. before that happened.

Looked up the bluebook trade in value for her car, 06 Charger with 50K on it, and that's 15K... so figured payments on a 30k car wouldn't be too bad.

Well, after hunting around (she's real particular about her cars..lol), we find a 12 GMC Acadia (loaded) that she likes, for 32k.

She does all the paperwork over the phone Wed, and asks if I can go pick it up since I was off. I say sure, head to her work to get her Charger. She said her dad was going too, cause he needed to stop at a store up there (1 hour away)... No problem.

We get to her work.... and she gives me the GPS to get there and tells me to navigate for her Dad... I'm like WTF?? Then she tells me that she's not trading in the Charger.... and that I can have it so I don't have to drive the Neon anymore.

I must've sat there with a dumbfounded look on my face forever... she laughed at me..

She just gave me her Hemi.

2013-02-01_07-27-14_944_zps4d5bdc65.jpg

2013-02-01_07-27-34_66_zpsa84e81e9.jpg

2013-02-01_07-27-59_808_zps20a22dc3.jpg

There is a hidden message there. The Neon was embarrassing and this was her gentle way of taking care of it. Well played M'aam, well played.

Great looking car, sir, but you're not only owned, you're pawned.
Forever.
And ever.
Great way to go, though.

Great looking car, sir, but you're not only owned, you're pawned.
Forever.
And ever.
Great way to go, though.

You'll end up paying for it in the long run anyways. Hope you like it, plan on it costing you $32k!!

You'll end up paying for it in the long run anyways. Hope you like it, plan on it costing you $32k!!

Yeah, but.... I'd rather spend 32k on the Acadia, and have a hemi..... As opposed to spending 17k (portion more, dealers screw you on trade ins) and be stuck with the neon....lol

IT'S A TRAP!! BACK OUT NOW!!!

I was in the same situation once. It all started with me dating this wonderful woman. We were very much in love and moved in together. She had a good job and was making good money. I was scraping by. She really took care of me..sugar momma if you will. She had a high mileage BMW that was costing her to fix, so I brought up buying a Grand National. We eventually find one in her price range and make the purchase. She then takes one look at it, throws me the keys, and says "it's yours". I was completely shocked. She would drive it to work, but soon after bought a 300ZX for herself and I had the GN all to myself.

Fast forward 14 years later and I now have a wife of almost 12 years who has been a stay at home Mom for 8 years now. I still have the GN, however it has turned into a horrible money sucking obsession that is never finished. All I do is work my ass off to support family and car. I am a shell of my former self...

Haha just kidding. This is a good sign of a healthy, trusting relationship. She does own you though haha.

Just don't mod the crap out of the Charger and spend half of your existance working on it. I'm sure my wife regrets buying that car though. A few weeks ago she said "when you sell it" to me and I gave her the same crazy look that Chevy Chase gave his son in Christmas Vacation just before he used his chainsaw to cut down the tree in the yard.

Tell her you enjoy the ride but don't dig chunky girls with square hips. So you're pulling the fat girls HEMI and sticking it in your Neon!

Then she's partner, not a benefactor!;)

jk, that's Awesome!

Yeah, but.... I'd rather spend 32k on the Acadia, and have a hemi..... As opposed to spending 17k (portion more, dealers screw you on trade ins) and be stuck with the neon....lol

I dont know man, those Neons run pretty good!:D