I WANT Turbolink

Weazel

This just in,alky is good
Ken/anybody who cares,

I read in an earlier post in Tech, that you were running the new Turbolink on your "ole standby" 486 75mhz machine with no problems. Is that still the case? I only ask because I recently got a Toshiba Satellite (T-2150) from my uncle for $Free.99. It's only a 486 80MHz machine, and after seeing the demo of the new turbolink, was REALLY hoping I could run it somewhat reliably without shelling out the $$$ for a new laptop.
Another problem though is I'm having trouble finding a replacement battery for this ole dinosaur. The battery itself is a model PA2437U. I've done many a search on "google" and on "ebay" and have come up blank. Anybody got any tips? Thanks!!! The computer is a Toshiba Satellite "Pro" T2150CDT/520. Thanks a lot!

Free is a quality that over comes many faults! :)

Testing is still underway ... to be honest the 486 is a marginal machine (and the absolute minimum). You have to run at least Windows 95 on it.

We are testing right now and have found some reliability problems with data "drift" that I hope can be solved with a little more black magic in the circuit. If that's the case, then the 486 should work, although a Pentium is recommended. If you sign up to our weekly newsletter, it'll keep you better informed (send me some email and I'll get you on the list).

As far as the battery, sometimes you can get some bargains on eBay ... otherwise, it seems the batteries are more expensive than the computers if you buy new! :)

Originally posted by kenmosher
As far as the battery, sometimes you can get some bargains on eBay ... otherwise, it seems the batteries are more expensive than the computers if you buy new! :)

heh...so true...:rolleyes: