I want to change my drag set-up to a good street set up.....

slowboi

Well I think I need a new turbo, currently I have a 70mm Ball bearing Turbonetics unit but it is really slow to spool and has sort of a peeky type power band.

My set up is as follows: Stroker bottom end 3.8 block, all billet mains+girdle, forged crank, pistons, rods, gn1 aluminum ported heads, 215/218 roller cam, atr headers, 3 inch dp and exhaust. Currently running at 22psi BUT getting 0 psi at 3000 rpms. I have a 3200 stall right now. If I break boost the car it comes out of the hole like a maniac but cruising around I am making no boost which kind of sucks for the street. (Well not fun at least)

Im thinking I need a smaller turbo and ill have a new chip burnt.

I am looking for 10 second power but a fun street car. Dont really want to use over 80lbs. injectors, I have a 2 nozzle alky kit installed.

Any suggestions?

maybe try getting a 6466 CEA turbo will get you in the 10s easy on low boost and is Cal's favorite street turbo. 3200 stall is all u need for the street.

Get in contact w bison on here. He will get you where you want to be. After talking to him your next post is going to read thx bison :D

I thank Brian Before, him being finished Perfect match, a 109 stroker with a new, 6466 and Heads and Cam worked by Brian(Bison) and you wont be disappointed.... AL

I thank Brian Before, him being finished Perfect match, a 109 stroker with a new, 6466 and Heads and Cam worked by Brian(Bison) and you wont be disappointed.... AL

You can hop off his bandwagon now :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

with the combo in your sig I would be looking into where the backpressure is at but there are a few options on your current combo,reduce ex housing size provided you don't have high bp already,and raise the converter stall.still not happy with your car drop the turbo size to a 61,62 mm comp with a ptrim/65 turbine.im assuming the tune is good.

I guess a lot of people like the 6466, I pm'd Bison but no response yet.... whats the preferred Turbobuick sponsor or member to buy a 6466 from?

Wow lots of choices with that turbo, they also have released a journal bearing too.... is the duel ball bearing worth the 550$ on our application?
There is an "e" cover an "s" cover and the anti serge "s" cover. Im assuming for a street application I would want the .63 A/R ?

slowboi said:
I guess a lot of people like the 6466, I pm'd Bison but no response yet.... whats the preferred Turbobuick sponsor or member to buy a 6466 from?

I would call Cal to buy one.

Anymore posts with sexual references or insults will result in
a vacation for the poster :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

+1 on the 6466. I try to push customers into these as they are a favorite turbo of mine to recommend for the street and occasional strip driver. I'd be more than happy to help, just give me a call.

Steve @ Full Throttle

Yeah the price is a bit high, but im guessing worth it?

Is the duel ball bearing worth the 550$ on our application? .... it makes the turbo like 30% more.....

..........I am looking for 10 second power but a fun street car. Dont really want to use over 80lbs. injectors, I have a 2 nozzle alky kit installed.

Any suggestions?

Since I have built many 10 sec street cars, I will give you an opinion of what would work very well for your goal and budget.

Sell the 70mm turbo and get a TE-45A with a 63A/R housing. :)

That turbo would be better matched to your existing converter, and would be kick-ass from a stop light! :D

On my e-85 street car, I will challenge any BB turbo as I not only have an awesome leave, but my tires stick like glue and pulls like crazy.

In the end it may not cost you any $$$, but just a little time. ;)