I see this site still has a slow server...

Slow for me too. I get the site not found message quite often. Happens on multiple PC's and even my Blackberry server. Soemtimes the main page pops up for maybe 2 seconds and then the error message.

Hello, I'm a Mac and my TB.com pages load fast as sh*t! , no problems here and have never experience any slowness since joining. In regards to a previous post above, I have noticed (since I design online advertising) that some of the ads that are animated .gif files WILL hold you up. They're too freakin big in file size or K. Animation in online advertising really should be created using flash, resulting in a .swf type file wich is way better performing and loading as well as smaller in K size, even with more complicated stuff in the ad. For whoever may be listening...

The Google ads are slow but the EBAY ads are killing me.

Actually now that I have refreshed the same page multiple times, I don't think it is the EBAY ads, I think it is the TA Performance, GBody and AlkyControl ads at the top. Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Actually now that I have refreshed the same page multiple times, I don't think it is the EBAY ads, I think it is the TA Performance, GBody and AlkyControl ads at the top. Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Yeah, your correct. I looked at a few, The RJC ad is 244K and the TA performance ad is a holy smokin 1.4 megabytes!:eek: Not kilo, but megs!
Probably would help a lot to make these ads in a differnet format like a .swf file as opposed to the .gif format. The ads look ok, there just too big in file size. The online ads I make are usually less than a 100k, and they load fast.

So far on this time I'm at 5 minutes and 25 seconds. the last time took me about 10 seconds and the banner at the top was Lou's auto. This time it's Gbody.com. The multimedia flashing adds seem to be the problem. The simple ones don't effect the down load.

Yeah, your correct. I looked at a few, The RJC ad is 244K and the TA performance ad is a holy smokin 1.4 megabytes!:eek: Not kilo, but megs!
Probably would help a lot to make these ads in a differnet format like a .swf file as opposed to the .gif format. The ads look ok, there just too big in file size. The online ads I make are usually less than a 100k, and they load fast.

Like I said. The flashy multimedia stuff is the problem, not the server.:biggrin:

If the flash stuff is the problem it has to be a brower issue then...

Please post what brower you are using!

I am still on IE6, until they drop it:biggrin:, and google chorme. Both load lighting fast for me...

If the flash stuff is the problem it has to be a brower issue then...

Please post what brower you are using!

I am still on IE6, until they drop it:biggrin:, and google chorme. Both load lighting fast for me...

I already asked folks to post their "stuff", and got zero response.

I tried google chrome also and it works just fine. I just prefer the Bing search engine to Google's so I stick with my IE8.

still fast, fast, fast.

XP and IE8 here. I've been thinking about using firefox again to eliminate the adds with add ons but IE8 doesn't have add blocker yet.

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at turbobuick.com

^^^
I get this at home and I get it at work. It takes me three or four tries to get on the site. Once I'm on, I can move around pretty good.

Same here,it on the sites end...crappy like its always been

I just downloaded the latest version of Firefox and it is loading much faster now. Hope it stays this way.

Works alot faster now since the last time i posted this thread.

Glad everything worked out the way it did, i have been off the site for about a year because the site has been so slow to load.

Im betting it was the ads.

Thanks for making the site turbo friendly

BW