I only want to buy injectors once

pump replaced

Ok I replaced my pumps and now I have a single magnafuel pro tuner 750 series pump. It is part#mp-4303. I did not originaly adjust the regulator and upon first start the idle fuel pressure was 49 with vac line attached I adjusted it down to the lowest it would go which was 44 with vac line attached and 47 with it off. Went out and drove the car and it works great. I have tuned it to 23 psi boost. I was told that the turbo I have would be more efficient in the 20+ pound range and boy is that true!!!! When I ran the car at 15psi it was like "Driving miss Daisey", nice and easy and smooth and the car ran 11.70 E.T. then. Now at 23 it is like Holy sh*t Batman:D So I am very happy and would like to thank all that gave input on my fueling issues, I really appreciated it alot. Cheers

I did not have it fail, it worked great for a summer with my car tuned to 15psi boost on gas. Then when I went to E85 and started turning up the boost I ran out of fuel. They are a great fuel pump for lower fuel pressure applications vehicles running less than 45psi but the flow drops big time after you go above that

Any DC #"s since the Magnaflow upgrade Turbo6man?

Your bump in base pressure was what should've happened with the old pumps on together, something was not right there. But I personally like one big pump over 2 (have a Magnafuel 500 on my E85 GTO) so sounds good.

Well I have been tuning up to 23 psi My fuel map is slightly rich but it is at 71% D.C at 23psi. I will let you know more after some fine tuning. At 23psi I am really having an issue with the torque converter. It is slipping bad. It is supposed to be a 3500 stall but on the trans brake it goes way higher than that and cruising in high gear if I bring it up on boost the converter flashes all the way to 5500. I called my converter builder and he just re stalled it for me. I should have it back in and running soon so I will post an update. Thanks, james

Cool, being rich, at 23psi and at 71% DC means you have plenty of room to grow. ;)

I think your initial post was at 20psi, FAST was asking for 120% DC with your single pump and 75's. :eek:
You're running more boost and still dropped over 50% DC if your AF/R is richer than 11.6 like before. :cool:

160's and a Magnafuel 750 can pop some corn out the tailpipe!!!!
It better pop some corn at $525. :frown:

Yes I am running wide open throttle and it is holding at 11.1 AFR. But I may be even richer than that because I have two wide bands. One is the fast and it is saying 11.1 at 23psi and 71% D.C. and the other one is an innovate motorsports XD16 and it is saying I am at 10.5 to 10.6 when the fast is at 11.1. I am using the fast as my baseline because I do NOT want to go lean. But I am not sure if that is normal for the two sensors to read that far apart. Both 02 sensors are installed post turbo by about 18" and are within 2" of each other. I can do a recalibration again on the innovate and check it again. Thanks for all of your help:D

Wow that's really a huge difference if you take the 10.6 AF/R vs the old setup.

One method of calibration Innovate told me is to do it with the sensor off the connector, then the free air after that with it out of the pipe. That helped one of my issues but I forgot how long the off the connector one had to be with the key on??

So what you are saying is: step one remove the innovate sensor connector from the wiring harness then only turn the key on for awhile keeping the sensor unplugged. Then step two plug the sensor back into the wiring harness and perform free air cal then re-install sensor into downpipe. I have performed step two before but never step one. Thanks, James

Ya, call them to confirm, but last year I was at my wits end with the LC-1 and the tech told me about step 1, it helped (though WOT still freezes, maybe 2" bung is needed).

Fill us in on what they say, I think it's literally disconnected for like 15 seconds, turn off, then connect 02, wait for blinking light to go from flashing to solid, then turn off, screw in 02 and back to normal.