I only want to buy injectors once

turbo6man

Hi, I have read on a few other posts and I know one was from Cal where tuning goes fine up to a certain boost then no matter what, you are maxxed out whether it be fuel pump flow/ fuel line size or injector size. Please see signature below for combo. Well my story is: with the below combo car tuned as it should with an ACCELL DFI up to 20 psi boost then at 20psi AFR on wide band went to 11.6AFR (gas scale) No matter how much I added in injector Duty cycle it stayed until I maxed out the injectors. I have a set of Delfi 75's in it now. I also have a new set of 63'3 and 83's. I am going to sell all 3 sets and buy a new set for my car. Sorry it took so long to get to the question but here it is: I plan to run this setup to 30PSI boost. Based on sig below what is the consensus of the size injector to buy. I am currently changing to a classic fast also What is the largest injector you can run and retain good idle/streetability control especially if I need to sometimes change back to a gas tuning map. Thanks :biggrin:

I say with a 70GTQ your going to need at least 120s . I have 80s & a double pumper in mine with a billet 6265 and I am thinking I will also need more injector but we shall see , 80s and a TA49 were great though wideband staying right at 10.8 with +8 on the correction factor , I could add more fuel to get closer to maybe +1

+2.
120's will be all the A1000 pump can handle at 100% dc. Of course you prob won't run 100% dc so that will leave you some safety margin.

What sized fuel lines?
You can't expect tiny lines to flow the volume E85 needs being 30% higher than gas. If I had your setup, I'd run no less than a -10 feedline with E85, hell I have a -8 and don't plan on ditching the TA49 anytime soon.

There are new injectors coming out this year but hit us back with your fuel lines and rail ID size.

Hi, I have 1/2" or -10 for the supply all the way to the injector rail (stock injector rail) and 3/8" or -8 for the return. I double checked it, and all of my bends are nice and smooth without any kinks. My battery is in the trunk and the power to the pump is only 3 1/2 feet and it is 10 gauge wire I am running a KENNE BELL adjustable regulator I did a vac check on it and it is holding good. and it responds as it should during boost. I think I am maxed out on my injectors????? What is the scoop on the new injectors coming out this year? Thanks to everyone for the Reply's, James

-10 feed, -8 return should be fine. I plan to go to 120's when E85 comes to my area. I will sell my A1000 and step up to an Aeromotive Eliminator pump and a Pro Series adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Of course, you will need a fuel pump controller. It will save the pump by slowing it down when your engine is idling and trying to return all that fuel through the return line to the tank.
Conrad
Hot Air

Well you've maxed out the pump, and the -10 has given you back a ton of backpressure vs the stock lines so you're a good example of how far that pump can go with your power. If the pump had more to give you, you would've seen something when you kept adding injector to it on the wideband.

You didn't mention exactly where the DC was at 11.6 and I assume you took it to 100%?

The A1000 starts to rapidly fall from 70psi on vs the Bosch 044 as the graph shows. The 044 is also much bigger than a Walbro so it's a pain to fit in the tank.

120's with your lines and two pumps will be plenty for your combo and then some. Where is the A1000 located right now, as you can probably add another pump either in the tank (Supra) or put the 044 on the outside and call it a day.

Attachments

• Bosch044vsWalbro255HPvsAeromotiveA1000.JPG
    Bosch044vsWalbro255HPvsAeromotiveA1000.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 824
  • boschpump.jpg
    boschpump.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 803
Sorry for the late response, I finally was able to record a datalog and the injector duty cycle on the classic fast was 120%. WHAT how can it be greater than 100%?????? What connectors have you used for the bosh pump?

FAST is asking for 120%, but as you observed the injectors can only physically open 100%. So the FAST is asking for more than can be delivered and that is why you saw no change in AFR as you upped the DC.

What was your fuel presure during the run when AFR was dropping?

One thing you can do as a temporary fix while you're waiting on upgrades, is to up the fuel pressure. Keep the DC at 100%. You should be able to run about 85 psi total (max), 65 psi base plus 20 psi boost for example. This will give you about 20% more fuel.

Back to the original question.......I would go with 160's and be done with it. My Stage 2 car idles great with them. I know a few people that are maxing out their 120's without making a ton of power. Buy the 160's once and be done with it.

Well you've maxed out the pump, and the -10 has given you back a ton of backpressure vs the stock lines so you're a good example of how far that pump can go with your power. If the pump had more to give you, you would've seen something when you kept adding injector to it on the wideband.

You didn't mention exactly where the DC was at 11.6 and I assume you took it to 100%?

The A1000 starts to rapidly fall from 70psi on vs the Bosch 044 as the graph shows. The 044 is also much bigger than a Walbro so it's a pain to fit in the tank.

120's with your lines and two pumps will be plenty for your combo and then some. Where is the A1000 located right now, as you can probably add another pump either in the tank (Supra) or put the 044 on the outside and call it a day.

I'd like to see where the Walboro 340 sits on this chart.

The A1000 pump has trickled down to us EFI guys because it's a bad ass for the carbed BB Forced Induction guys. Look at what that pump flows at 30psi (8 base psi + 22psi ) vs us at 75psi. That pump always comes up because it's great and cheap for the BB FI guys but it's really not very daily driver friendly or great after 70psi.

Turbo6man, run the Bosch externally and call it a day. Use it as a Hobbs activated pump and keep the A1000. When the A1000 burns out (it will after daily or semi daily use) then go Supra Pump (Racetronix has harness) and you'll still be fine with the Bosch helping out.

I thought the Walbro 340 was similar to the 255HP in flow, but regardless, it's nothing to right home about when E85 comes into play. Check out the other thread with Twin 340's and he's still in major trouble volume wise. Those pumps are good for the $$ when they work right, but nothing I'd put behind 700-800hp.

Hey, I can add the bosch pump, but I am wondering, I have the -10 feed line, would'nt I be putting a restriction in the line because the inlet and outlet of the bosch pump would be restricting it down in size?

Well I Took out the 75's and added the 83 lb injectors that came with the classic fast when I purchased it. After some tuning I had the boost set to 16 psi and the base fuel pressure was set to 44psi (vac line off) and at 16 psi of boost, the fuel pressure increased to 59PSI The injector duty cycle was much better throughout the pull but went to high 90% with a split second max D.C of 102% at 5500 rpm in the very last. Sooo I really want to be able to run up to 30PSI boost so if I add the bosch pump I would like to re-ask to make sure I only buy once will 120 be best suited for my application or would I get the 160's. Has anyone had any idle problems with either of these injectors using the classic fast. Also thanks to everyone who has already gave input I am considering everything, I was hoping to get more input to sway me one way or the other as I am unsure of which way to go. Also if anyone needs a set of flow matched 75's or 83'3 or 63's, I have them an am willing to sell for my new injectors

Well I Took out the 75's and added the 83 lb injectors that came with the classic fast when I purchased it. After some tuning I had the boost set to 16 psi and the base fuel pressure was set to 44psi (vac line off) and at 16 psi of boost, the fuel pressure increased to 59PSI The injector duty cycle was much better throughout the pull but went to high 90% with a split second max D.C of 102% at 5500 rpm in the very last. Sooo I really want to be able to run up to 30PSI boost so if I add the bosch pump I would like to re-ask to make sure I only buy once will 120 be best suited for my application or would I get the 160's. Has anyone had any idle problems with either of these injectors using the classic fast. Also thanks to everyone who has already gave input I am considering everything, I was hoping to get more input to sway me one way or the other as I am unsure of which way to go. Also if anyone needs a set of flow matched 75's or 83'3 or 63's, I have them an am willing to sell for my new injectors

And I have a set of 120's which I will be selling.. Only have maybe 400/500 miles on them:D