I need to do a 305 conversion...

Rampage

I was out today doing a quick run before it starts to rain today and I stop at the light with a Honda to my left. He looks over at me and said "Nice Monte..." Oh boy here we go... Then he ask "Watcha got? A 305 in there?" My reply "No...Just a 6" He laughs and said "You should drop a 305 or 350 in that bad boy so you can keep up!!!" Then he revs a couple of times...

Ass Clown...

Well I think you can guess what happens next...

The light turns green and he chirps out. I let him get out across the intersection in front of me about 5 cars then I nail it. I didn't do anything crazy yet because I have hockey pucks on the back but I have about 10lbs of boost going. By now he pulled into the middle lane in front of me and I switched over to the left. This is perfect for me because what I do next is classic GN shock and awe!!! Just as I approach his door, I take my foot off the gas and give him the classic turbo fart, then I nail again and boost it to 18lbs!!! The backend lights up and I do a burn out right past him as the smoke from the tires blows right into his car!!!

Owned!!!

We get to the next light which is red and he pulls with tire smoke still billowing out of his car and he has the look on his face-->:eek:

I tell him the 6 in here now does the job pretty good now, but I'll think about the 305 or 350 when gas prices get lower... BTW- Nice Toyota... oops I mean Honda.

The light turned green, he gave me quick nod and mumbled "whatever..."

And I just continued on my way home nice and slow. Laughing to myself...

I've had the "Nice Monte" thrown my way more times I can remember... And it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand-up when I hear it...

ROFL!!! If the Monty is that fast with a 6 just imagine a "built" 350 with a 3/4 race cam! HaHa Just what I needed this evening. Thanks Jon Hanson

ROFL!!! If the Monty is that fast with a 6 just imagine a "built" 350 with a 3/4 race cam! HaHa Just what I needed this evening. Thanks Jon Hanson

Like Ken (turbofabrcator) said in story on here of how he cut off a 1/4 of old chevy grind and put in the display, told people it was 3/4 cam and quite a few fell for it..LOL

I actually had some guy yesterday at the gas station ask my if i had a 305 or 350 he thought it sounded and looked good i said nope just a little V-6.

I was

Getting gas yesterday in my Acura and a kid that worked there was putting oil in his Turbo neon. I've seen him before and talked with him. So, I mentioned I have a 87' Buick Grand National and he looks at me and asks: "Whats a Grand National?" :frown: He wasn't even born yet in 87' I guess!

Had a salesman in my shop where there are 6 TR's sitting and he asks " do you collect Monte Carlos ". You would think that any of us who have been in the TR community for any amount of time would take that in stride but I lost it. Just caught me off guard I guess. :cool:

The thing I love about a turbo buick is that broad flat torque band! The turbo just kicks in right at about 1800 rpm under load where most driving occurs. You don't have to rev the snot of it unlike most other cars. Yeah, the car is having an asthma attack at the upper RPM's but it's pure bliss until it gets there! I live and work in NYC so my fun is limited until the next traffic light...

Low down dirty torque is all FUN!!!

i have also had it suggested to me by the know-it-all guy at the NAPA machine shop that i should "take out that v-6" and put my turbo setup on a small block. I just politely ignore it when somebody says something like that... I actually like it when people don't know what our cars are capable of. Anyway, the guy means well... he just likes to talk a lot about **** he has no clue about. I still haven't had a chance to line up with that guy though... he was building a 400 SB that he was going to put in some POS of his (i don't remember what), but i don't know if it's built yet.

it's not that a turbo small block can't be fast, but for the expense of swapping one out for my 6 and going through all the tuning issues, fabbing up a turbo setup, etc. just to have a motor that maybe runs a little quicker than my current setup, i might as well just put that money into more mods for mine and be a helluva lot quicker. i guess one of the fastest cars on this site is a GN with a turbo SB in it, but i wouldn't want to even take a guess at how much green he dumped into that thing!