I need some pics please.

Big Stu

Flogged Donkey
Who has pics of bill anderson's car? I remember seeing some around, just can't remember where.... I need them with the front clip off preferably. Having some trouble with my centerline of where the spindle needs to be in accordance with the strut layout. Any help is greatly appreciated. I hate this car....:mad:

I used Strange struts on my car, they send pretty clear instructions but it's not the easiest thing to jig up. Alston sells a jig you can use to locate the top mounts for a strut front end.

Carbon brakes huh? That's the sh!t you've got there. I really like their front brakes but they wear fairly fast. I'm about ready for a new set of pads after a year and a half. I got the HD set also.

Did you go with spindle mount wheels? I didn't and wish I had, those look sooooooooo cool.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Why not just send an EMail? I'll give you whatever measurement you need.

Because i know you are a busy guy and this is my fault. I cut the frame, welded up some plates and that is where my bottom rails attache to. I am afraid that the rails are too high, meaning the center of the spindle is too far up, so when I would bring the upper rails down to tie into the bottom rails, the upper mounts for the struts would be all out of wack. Pictures would help me more than anything since my car is not a full tube chassis, so measurements will probably only further confuse me. I thought of your car because not that many guys have a tube front end, and the ones that do don't have any good pics. I seem to think that bowling green either 2003 or last year, someone had some pretty good pics of your car with the front clip removed: that or I know you had some on your old website. Thanks though bill.

John, I love doing things the hard way.:D
Nashty: my wheels are spindle mounted welds. Carbon brakes are cool, but the rotors cost $800 to replace.:eek: :)

Thanks bill, I think we have it figured out. I'm just going to have to fab up some lower rails that tie into the existing ones we just welded. That will give me the right height for the center of the spindle, and I can do my control arm mounts and strut mounts from that existing point. Maybe you can answer one question for me though. How high is the center of your spindle off the ground? I would e-mail you, but my computer is having problems right now. Thanks a lot.:)

Hmm yeah, sorry about that....:rolleyes: My wheels are 15" and the tires are 28" mt's. Let me know if you have a different combo.