I need more power

As an aside, I've met some really cool kids driving SRT4's. While they're not my thing, they do seem to be able to make really good power out of those setups. I wouldn't want to take a drive of longer than 30 minutes in any one I've seen, but I do appreciate what they're doing.

Regards,
John
My srt4 felt so much faster at 400 hp than my Buick. Driveability was never an issue in that car either but fwd traction was a issue and a pain to launch. The " from a roll " standpoint my srt neon would eat my Buick up. When I got my Buick those performance mods were already done by the previous owner so I don't know what the extent was

Start with alky. Get the appropriate chip for it. Also get a turbo tweak chip or bob bailey's chip from full throttle. Buy razors kit and have some fun
No alky kit or chip in the world is gonna help you if you cant put the power to the ground. Adjustable upper control arms, boxed lowers and a bigger rear swaybar with a mickey thompson E/T Street tire would be where Id go first and see where you're at based on your combo. Doesnt matter if you make the same 450HP or 450HP more than an SRT-4 - if he hooks before you do you're swiss cheese. From a dig I'll lose to just about anything below 55MPH on street tires and only a larger rear swaybar. Traction first, then power...thats the nicklesworth of free advice for today.... :)

No alky kit or chip in the world is gonna help you if you cant put the power to the ground. Adjustable upper control arms, boxed lowers and a bigger rear swaybar with a mickey thompson E/T Street tire would be where Id go first and see where you're at based on your combo. Doesnt matter if you make the same 450HP or 450HP more than an SRT-4 - if he hooks before you do you're swiss cheese. From a dig I'll lose to just about anything below 55MPH on street tires and only a larger rear swaybar. Traction first, then power...thats the nicklesworth of free advice for today.... :)
Well said ... I will go ahead and upgrade my suspension and tires first then and go from there

Suspension and tires?!?! But, but, where's the fun in that? Hehehehe

Listen to these guys and you'll do fine.

Regards,
John
Lol it's funny, I get a lot of wheel spin as it is with the 265 tires but for some reason (don't know if I'm alone on this) more power mods is the only thing that ever comes to mind. Eh traction, what's that!!

You also have to remember that the sensation of speed can be different depending on the platform and drivetrain. So, unless you're measuring the difference, the "feel" can be deceptive.

Those old fox body Mustangs were a classic example of how deceptive differences in delivery of power can be. I had friends with loud, geared cars. They would pull really hard down low and would say, that GN doesn't have a chance, blah, blah... Line up and by the time we were thru second gear, the Buick was out front. Now, being in each car was completely different. The Mustang was pretty violent, while the Buick was a consistent puuuuusssssshhhhhh on your chest.

Also remember that the other car you're use to is about the size of a lunch box. Combine small displacement and a large turbo (lag) and the slingshot effect of a turbo motor is magnified.

Regardless, get some real tires, make sure the car can hook and is running in top shape. Then go find that SRT4 and find out where you are.

Regards,
John