I need help with brackets and pulley install

Bob Davi

Hello,

I did a search but couldn;t find specific info. We are putting our car/s 86-87 TR's back together and the "Chinese Puzzle" of front engine brackets and pulleys has us slowed down. First time putting things back on and didn't take enough pictures of what goes where, AND what goes in front of/ behind..on/off first.

If anyone knows of thread with info on getting all this "stuff" back in the right place, I'd appreciate it..we're trying to get it running tomorrow...
SO far, engine and tranny in, engine oil system primed....I know where top end stuff goes, coil, fuel rail, throttle body...hard fuel lines are bolted in place on drivers side of engine; just need help with A/C brackets and bolts, alt brackets and other up front serpentine belt riot.

I haven't done one of these enough to "know" how it all goes together, although I did manage to get it apart!!

Thanks ahead of time,

Bob

Hi Stage,

Thanks for the pics; they are the best I have seen so far....I think I can some clues and maybe get it done.

Bob

Puzzle figured out...we did little back-tracking due to not installing some bolts in order, ie, the AC compressor studs..

I was hoping we'd at least start it today, but didn't make quite that much progress, and I'm tired...maybe later this week. I think I'll have it figured out by the time we get #3 together..

Bob

Before you try and fire it up, make sure the crank sensor doesn't touch the regulator ring (and it's in the correct slot). Be sure to turn the crank and verify it never touches the ring at any point.

x

Attachments

• accessories.jpg
    accessories.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 76
  • ac-mount.jpg
    ac-mount.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 65