I need help from Spammers

wagon

2 doors just aint enough
OK, here's the deal. I own two domain names, and somehow, a spammer got a hold of the names. The only thing I can figure is that they were picked up from one of my signatures on a bulletin board. Anyways, I am receiving thousands and thaousands of bounced emails. I own the domains, but I do not have any email with these domains. I can not send any mail out from these domains, but any mail that goes to any address @ my domains, gets forwarded to my email. I am constantly getting bounced emails that say they originated from my domains. I checked my mail this morning, and when I just checked it now, I had 198 new email messages, and only 3 were legit. The rest were all bounced back to me even though I didn't send them out. Does any one know of any way to stop this? I haven't a clue what I can do about this.

Anyone??

I just checked my email again, and had 1126 emails. Only one was real. The rest were all emails that got bounced by spam filters, and I didn't send out a single one. It took 10 minutes for them to all download.

What bulletin board did you display the email at?

Man i would be ticked off if i was in your shoes!

BW

What bulletin board did you display the email at?

Man i would be ticked off if i was in your shoes!

BW
This one, and a couple of others.
Byt the time the 1126 emails downloaded, I had 11 more waiting. I left the room for a few minutes, and heard a ding telling me I had mail. 54 more. I just checked it again, and downloaded over 200 more.
Well, while I was typing this, I just got 6 more. I tried poking around on line to see if there was anything that I could do. Apparently this happens to quite a few people, but I wasn't able to find a solution to it. I'll have to keep looking.

Who is forwarding your email? Do they have spam filters on? Write to them.

Noones forwarding my email. Spammers are sending out emails, but they are forging the return address so that it looks like it is coming from my domains when it isn't. They do this because their email address get targeted as spam, and get blocked. So now they forge the From: in the email that they send out. They find a domain, and make up the whoever@, and they have an unlimited supply of phoney From: addresses. I have mail filters that are dumping most of them right in the garbage, but if I ever send out an email that gets bounced, it is going into the garbage just like the bounced spam, and I will never know that it didn't go through. I'm also a little concerned that at some point my domain will be blocked, or labeled a spam producer and I'll start getting threatening letters from the company that I bought them from. What a pain in the.....
I'd like to park my truck on the SOB's head!!!!!

I had a similar problem as this once. I contacted my ISP and they did something and it stopped.

Go into your mail program and turn off your default mail box. This is a catch-all for anything with your client address:confused: . I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Asdf

Go into your mail program and turn off your default mail box. This is a catch-all for anything with your client address:confused: . I had the same problem and this fixed it.