I have Razor's PAC Alky kit and can't believe how great it works.

wh1-Denver

I have Razor’s Progressive Alky Controller (PAC) kit with all his hardware and love it. It is by far the best mod I have ever put on the car. I have wanted to put a kit on since I read about alky injection but have been waiting for a kit that is reliable, comes with all top quality parts, and sprays at a progressive rate based on the boost levels. The do it your self kit is ok for those that want to dump a constant amount of alky at a certain boost level, but it is much more drivable and easier to tune if the spray rate is proportional to the boost level. I am a firm believer in paying more for quality parts rather than replacing them later. I do not like saving a penny here a penny there only to find out later that I should have bought the better part and end up buying it later anyhow. I like to do things right the first time because doing it right the second, third, or forth time is way more expensive and frustrating. The car has every performance part that can be bolted onto a stock motor. I must say that no other part or combination of parts made the car so much more noticeably faster than the alky kit. The car loved the kit. We kept cranking the boost up to 26psi and no knock.
It saved my motor when I was doing a 1/4 mile run and brain farted the shift to 3rd. :( The motor revved past the limiter and the pcm cut the fuel but the alky kept on spraying. I must say that if it had been a 1/4 mile run with just race gas (no alky kit) and the pcm cut the fuel then I would be looking at new head gaskets and probably a new motor.:mad:

For those of you thinking about an alky kit I would recommend you to do it. The only reason I waited so long was I wanted a kit that is reliable, comes with all the parts, are top quality parts, and is progressive. The do it yourself kit was to much work trying to get all the parts from different vendors and the hobs switch is a on or off controller that is not as good as the progressive spray. Why would you spray the same amount alky at 15psi that you are preventing detonation at 22-30 psi? Common sense would tell you that you are spraying to much alky at the lower boost levels. The other advantage of the PAC controller is if you get a spike in your boost. It will spray that much more alky to protect the motor.

For those of you that want the best kit for the money, I would recommend the PAC kit by Razor. His kit is by far the best in quality; he has done his homework and spent a lot of time developing the best kit out there for the money. I am extremely pleased with the results of installing the kit on my car.
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.

Yup I feel the same way, only a bit lazier in typing, about my two SMC kits. ;)

Alky. is great. :)

Dammit I hate posts like this, now i have to spend more money and buy a damn alky kit from razor. You guys are gonna be the end of me. I'm soo weak!

Lates,
Nick

Originally posted by wh1-Denver

For those of you that want the best kit for the money, I would recommend the PAC kit by Razor. His kit is by far the best in quality; he has done his homework and spent a lot of time developing the best kit out there for the money. I am extremely pleased with the results of installing the kit on my car.

While I agree with you about Razor's kit, I must say that the $150 DIY alcohol kit is certainly a great basic upgrade for a TR. It's not necessary for anyone to wait until they can spend a bunch of money to get an alcohol kit. I have 4 years and 90,000 miles on my basic kit. I'd say that's RELIABLE. One can always upgrade to a "better" system. It's important that guys get an alky system to increase their performance and protect their cars from damaging detonation and not put it off because of expense.

Originally posted by wh1-Denver

This is why I do what I do. I'm glad you trusted in me.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Julio

Re: Re: I have Razor's PAC Alky kit and can't believe how great it works.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
While I agree with you about Razor's kit, I must say that the $150 DIY alcohol kit is certainly a great basic upgrade for a TR. It's not necessary for anyone to wait until they can spend a bunch of money to get an alcohol kit. I have 4 years and 90,000 miles on my basic kit. I'd say that's RELIABLE. One can always upgrade to a "better" system. It's important that guys get an alky system to increase their performance and protect their cars from damaging detonation and not put it off because of expense.

John, I have to agree with you on this one. If someone were to set up a basic system on their car they could easily upgrade it to Razors system once they have the money for the controller and would still be able to use nearly everything on the basic system except the Hobbs switch ($15?) so you have a very good point that there really is no reason to not at least go with a simple DIY kit.