I got walked by a Chevy Baretta...

lolz a beretta... i've always loved seeing people make those cars fast. good death. sounds like this was just the wake-up call you needed to get modded and tuned!

I will back this up, if you have seen the video on streetfire.net.. That was me and my friend Paul's cavalier running from a 45 on the highway, that wasnt with most of the mods in my sig but still I LOST TO A CAVALIER!! He was running 6 Psi on a 58mm, 5 speed, 3400 SII V6. He put down a 13.2 on motor and put down a 12.5 on turbo, on a completely stock motor. Best of all it was build all by him for a measily $2,***. One big sleeper and super fast;) It is still kinda sad that it has to happen but after having some time on my car:D Oh yah and by the way i seen him run the times, and it was the V6 swap from a 2001 venture van i believe. I could call him and see. Oh yah search "3400" on street fire and you will see him walk a SRT-4 from a roll ON MOTOR! the intercooler pipe wasnt even connected!

,Dan

wasnt able too find that video. against the GN
how can it not have the intercooler pipe hooked up and still be feeding air to the motor?

i did however see a few other vids with some quick cavaliers. :eek: they were all turbo cars tho, running low 13's high 12's. some vids of a couple making high 300hp and one in the 400's :confused:

its not the DOHC 3.4, they use the 3400 out of the newer cars

odd stuff lol.

i stick to what i said, i dont see one running low 13's NA, unless it is a gutted, shell of vehicle.

Well, i can tell you, that my brother did have an earlier lumina, with the dohc engine, and that thing was super fast man. he did beat his fair share of cars, that should have never gotten beat by that thing. bone stock. slightly modded, it would have been even faster. but by no means, faster than even a BONE stock gn. i dont care WHAT kind of tires youre runnin man, I'd fire your mechanic. Straight away.
I'm not doubting his car was fast, but he was running more boost than hes telling you. I can tell you that in streetracing, theres 2 types of people. The "what kinda mods you got man?" "oh, I got heads, cam, intake, exhaust, chip etc etc. I'm runnin 600 horsepower" means its his bigger brothers car (mustang) and its got 350 hp.
Then theres the "what kinda mods ya got?" "Oh just a chip and exhaust......." Means hes got pullys, intake, exhaust, braces, roller cam/lifters, control arms, bushings, and nitrous, and is running close to 550 hp..... Ive seen it EVERY weekend of the last two summers racing camaros and mustangs on our strip. That guy is boostin way more than he's telling you... or your mechanic played a dirty trick on you, and put an additional 4 screens in your maf, and packed your cat converter up solid with steel wool.... :tongue:

If you need any information or maybe some videos you can find them at V6Z24.com - Moon's Cavalier Z24 Page - Home, or 91' Turbo Z24 One thing i can tell you for sure is that I HAVE SEEN THEM DO IT WITH MY OWN TWO EYES! Full interior. I'd like to bench race but have other things to do. Otherwhise this is going nowhere. I know it happened, some people dont believe it can happen, kinda like maybe a GN going 9's on a stock shortblock! Thats ok, we will leave it be at that, becuase if that is what you really believe thats great, we are in America.

,Dan

wasnt able too find that video. against the GN
how can it not have the intercooler pipe hooked up and still be feeding air to the motor?

i did however see a few other vids with some quick cavaliers. :eek: they were all turbo cars tho, running low 13's high 12's. some vids of a couple making high 300hp and one in the 400's :confused:

its not the DOHC 3.4, they use the 3400 out of the newer cars

odd stuff lol.

i stick to what i said, i dont see one running low 13's NA, unless it is a gutted, shell of vehicle.

Ditto, the only one's Ive seen so far run 13's are the turbo ones. Not that I m saying they can't, I just would like to see a video an NA V6 run 13's.

How do you run the car with the intercooler pipe unhooked:confused:

Well, i can tell you, that my brother did have an earlier lumina, with the dohc engine, and that thing was super fast man. he did beat his fair share of cars, that should have never gotten beat by that thing. bone stock. slightly modded, it would have been even faster. but by no means, faster than even a BONE stock gn. i dont care WHAT kind of tires youre runnin man, I'd fire your mechanic. Straight away.
I'm not doubting his car was fast, but he was running more boost than hes telling you. I can tell you that in streetracing, theres 2 types of people. The "what kinda mods you got man?" "oh, I got heads, cam, intake, exhaust, chip etc etc. I'm runnin 600 horsepower" means its his bigger brothers car (mustang) and its got 350 hp.
Then theres the "what kinda mods ya got?" "Oh just a chip and exhaust......." Means hes got pullys, intake, exhaust, braces, roller cam/lifters, control arms, bushings, and nitrous, and is running close to 550 hp..... Ive seen it EVERY weekend of the last two summers racing camaros and mustangs on our strip. That guy is boostin way more than he's telling you... or your mechanic played a dirty trick on you, and put an additional 4 screens in your maf, and packed your cat converter up solid with steel wool.... :tongue:

I am my mechanic and I have two VERY reputable GN shops within an hour from me and they both have worked on the car(Conley's Performance and Century Automotive, they both have low 8 seconds TRs)... I promise you, the tires were shot lol :wink: and My car is basically stock... the slightly better turbo and the dump pipe on the stock downpipe are about it... I have no problem believing that he beat me. Now, I would like to see him race me at 17lbs and with the new tires. I inspected his car pretty thoroughly and we raced a good 6 times from 10-20-30-40 and 50 roll... I promise you my car is not slow. I walk most older corvettes, but the C6 gets me about as bad as the baretta.... Also I have a 54mm turbo, his was 60mm pushing .4l less than me with higher compression than me... He said he thinks it has around 325-350 at the wheels. That would be about right because my car is about 300 from what people have told me.

I am my mechanic and I have two VERY reputable GN shops within an hour from me and they both have worked on the car(Conley's Performance and Century Automotive, they both have low 8 seconds TRs)... I promise you, the tires were shot lol :wink: and My car is basically stock... the slightly better turbo and the dump pipe on the stock downpipe are about it... I have no problem believing that he beat me. Now, I would like to see him race me at 17lbs and with the new tires. I inspected his car pretty thoroughly and we raced a good 6 times from 10-20-30-40 and 50 roll... I promise you my car is not slow. I walk most older corvettes, but the C6 gets me about as bad as the baretta.... Also I have a 54mm turbo, his was 60mm pushing .4l less than me with higher compression than me... He said he thinks it has around 325-350 at the wheels. That would be about right because my car is about 300 from what people have told me.[/QUOT

Mike does not have a low 8 sec regal.. his blue T went 10'00's with the old combo.. car has never been out since... Conley's only car in the low 8's is Bobby Don's "Category 6" car...

I am my mechanic and I have two VERY reputable GN shops within an hour from me and they both have worked on the car(Conley's Performance and Century Automotive, they both have low 8 seconds TRs)... I promise you, the tires were shot lol :wink: and My car is basically stock... the slightly better turbo and the dump pipe on the stock downpipe are about it... I have no problem believing that he beat me. Now, I would like to see him race me at 17lbs and with the new tires. I inspected his car pretty thoroughly and we raced a good 6 times from 10-20-30-40 and 50 roll... I promise you my car is not slow. I walk most older corvettes, but the C6 gets me about as bad as the baretta.... Also I have a 54mm turbo, his was 60mm pushing .4l less than me with higher compression than me... He said he thinks it has around 325-350 at the wheels. That would be about right because my car is about 300 from what people have told me.[/QUOT

Mike does not have a low 8 sec regal.. his blue T went 10'00's with the old combo.. car has never been out since... Conley's only car in the low 8's is Bobby Don's "Category 6" car...

Mike showed me the regal... it's an 8 second setup now... or thats what he told me. He also has a nice monte carlo i think... I believe it's a seven second car. It isnt running a ta-44 or 49 like it used to :D Conley built the tweaked rides long ago, I dont know what that 1000hp 91mm turbo car they have in the shop runs, but 1000hp has gotta be good for something hahaha.

I went out tonight and had a good night, absolutely smoked a "fast" wrx from a dig. He supposedly has 300hp at the wheels. The only difference between the baretta incident was my drag radials and turning the boost up 1.5lbs to a full 17psi. It was running pretty damn nice tonight... I wanted to toy with a new mustang with 4.10 gears and some other bolt ons but he left before I got to challenge him :rolleyes: I think Im heading out to baytown next friday night or sunday afternoon.

hell i can vouch for that beretta. i had a 91 cavalier with a 3.1 and a 5-speed. stock it went 16.7-17.2. 170k on it, slow as ass. BUT, the injectors were shot, and one intake gasket wasnt sealing very well. I ended up finding a bad head gasket of all things and it went together with home ported heads, cam, ported and gutted intake(top and bottom), chip for the cam, 255 fuel pump, 36# injectors, and a wet nitrous system. on motor the car would pull off mid-high 13's and a low 14 if i didnt launch good at around 102-106mph. on a 75 shot in 3 and 4th, it did 13.1@112. on a 125 shot in 3 and 4, it did 12.6@118. try keeping the tires straight when a 125 comes online, torque steer up the a**. all im saying is they suck stock, but a few mods really wake up the thing. also it weighed 3270 with me in it.
Gary

Just watched the vid of the 12.3@113 run on that turbo Z, very impressive! The car looks nice, not all rice. I can see that one taking money from lots of Mustangs and Camaros.:D

There is one that comes to cecil sometimes dark blue..... Ive seen it run 12 90s and as far as I could tell it was na :eek: dont under estimate the sleepers out there :D

btw- the 3.4 is a Chevrolet engine. Pontiac don't make v6's.. The 3.4 is a varaiation of the 2.8 and 3.1
and it would NEVER run low 13's stock. NOT EVEN close.. don't be so gullable.

:cool: Yup... he walked me tonight... pulled me in every aspect... So we pulled over to inspect each others cars...

He had a 3.4l ponitiac V6 w/ a 60mm turbo pushing 5psi... he is putting in different pistons and rods so he can turn it up to 10... He was running a 5sp manual also out of something other than a baretta... this thing was bitchen. The ULITMATE sleeper. It was even grandma purple w/ stock wheels and tires.... the only thing giving it away was the exhaust note and the front mount intercooler that was only visible if you looked hard...

COOL car for sure...:eek:

like i said before, i dont doubt that car beat you.. some cars, with just a small turbo on em, go like bats outta hell, im just sayin, that its either A, hes pushin more boost/hp than hes telling you, B, your cars tune just blows goats, or C, a little of both. Again, im not doubting a beretta is kinda peppy, but theyre peppy to the tune of about 16 seconds in the quarter peppy. and your car should be pullin low 13's easy, with stock radials, i dont care what the heck is wrong. so im trying figure out, how one single turbo, yanked 3 whole seconds off of a grocery gettin coupe. I know quite a few cars with turbos, that were added aftermarket, and none of them yanked 3 whole seconds off their cars times from just the turbo alone. My car this summer, ran like CRAP, and i whooped a newer wrx with a new turbo and injectors.
Someones tune is off. radials or no radials.

Mike showed me the regal... it's an 8 second setup now... or thats what he told me. He also has a nice monte carlo i think... I believe it's a seven second car. It isnt running a ta-44 or 49 like it used to :D Conley built the tweaked rides long ago, I dont know what that 1000hp 91mm turbo car they have in the shop runs, but 1000hp has gotta be good for something hahaha.

I went out tonight and had a good night, absolutely smoked a "fast" wrx from a dig. He supposedly has 300hp at the wheels. The only difference between the baretta incident was my drag radials and turning the boost up 1.5lbs to a full 17psi. It was running pretty damn nice tonight... I wanted to toy with a new mustang with 4.10 gears and some other bolt ons but he left before I got to challenge him :rolleyes: I think Im heading out to baytown next friday night or sunday afternoon.

Mike's white 83 Monte run's 8.40's ... that 91 mm car is Quint's car..

lol at some of you guys saying a GN with a small upgrade turbo/cutout as its only performance mods saying he needs to get it tuned. no matter the turbo, on a stock motor running 15-16 psi its not gonna run much more mph than 102-103.