i got new speakers, need help

Reaper

Pit Bitch
well today i ordered some speakers. good ones i think.

crystal audio 5.25 components
crystal audio 6x9 3 ways
and i bought a set of 3.5 infinty kappas new from a frined.

i think i got a great deal with shipping about 280 for the 3 sets i figure they are worth close to 600 bucks. so i am happy

now my question is. i am planning on running these with a stock Deck (i still have the origanal but that broke so i took the deck from a 93 bonnieville) for now.
my question is will i have enuff power to run these speakers untill i get an amp ( frined is looking for me right now)?
any install tips for the compentes and the 3.5s since they have the bass blocker in them?
where did you guys mount the tweeters and the little box for the 5.25s.

thanks
Dathan

Not bad deal!

Good luck with fitting the 5.25 in the doors and probally the 3.5 too, you might have to make custom door pannels or get a set of kick pannels and wit the 3.5 you might have hard time squezing it in and the tweeter might be sticking out too much (uless its a dual cone). And wit the deck power will do temporary you will have to get an amplifer, unless the sensitivity of the speakers are around 95db plus. 400 microfard for the 3.5's and try to put the crossover for the seperates in the car if you put it in the door you may later damage the components in the crossover. Have fun!

if I were in your shoes . . .

Given what you purchased, I'd keep the component set and install them in custom kick-pods.

The 3.5" speakers will detract from the excellent imaging/staging abilities afforded by the use of kick-pods. Sell them and make some money back.

The 6x9s are ok for rear fill if you want rear fill, but I'd sooner sell them off too.

Then use the money made to buy yourself: a good amp for the components and a set of kick-pods.

The stock deck doesn't have enough power to adaquately supply the components. A good quality separate amp will bring them to life.

Good luck.

Re: if I were in your shoes . . .

Originally posted by darkfa8
Given what you purchased, I'd keep the component set and install them in custom kick-pods.

The 3.5" speakers will detract from the excellent imaging/staging abilities afforded by the use of kick-pods. Sell them and make some money back.

The 6x9s are ok for rear fill if you want rear fill, but I'd sooner sell them off too.

Then use the money made to buy yourself: a good amp for the components and a set of kick-pods.

The stock deck doesn't have enough power to adaquately supply the components. A good quality separate amp will bring them to life.

Good luck.

the amp is prolly a month away. so i am not worried about that.
the deck is prolly a few months away.

where can i get kick panels?

what wrong with the 6x9s in the rear?

Dathan

Re: Re: if I were in your shoes . . .

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
what wrong with the 6x9s in the rear?

There really isnt anything wrong with using 6 x 9s in the rear but if you are going to build a good front stage with a set of components and kick panel pods then you dont want to pull it back by putting in an overpowering rear fill. I am like Dan and most other audiophiles, I like the sound in front of me.

If you ever have a chance to listen to a vehicle set up like mine or something similar, then you will appreciate the effort of a good solid front stage :cool: .

I have a nice AudioBahn 4channel amp (75w x 4) that I bought last year for $278 have the reciept, NEVER installed ,it is chrome and has the cooling fan ,I need to sell this amp ,,$210 shipped,BRAND NEW ask you friend if he feels this is good for your system..
Dennis

Oh it is
AudioBahn 4600e 75w x4
and Chrome plated(pretty) fan cooled

http://www.lightav.com/car/audiobahn/amp.html

looky here

I would definetly keep the 3.5"'s. They will actually help the imaging. Especially good 3.5"s like the Kappa's. The components and 3.5"s will work well together. If you intend on adding a sub, ditch the 6x9's.

umm i just want the car to sound good, better than stock. so i guess i set my standards low. i just want a good sounding system nothing fancy just good sound speakers in the stock holes a nice deck and an amp. nothing more.

so can i do it with what i have?

dathan

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
so can i do it with what i have?

Of course you can! There is nothing wrong with putting the drivers in the stock location and have a nice sounding system with what you have.

There just happen to be numerous ways to set up a sound system in a vehicle. As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters. Because of all of our different tastes in audio, I just have mine set-up differently due to the fact that I use to compete IASCA. Imaging, staging, SQ was something I had have to score well and it has stuck with me ever since :cool: .

audiowiz,

how much for a kick panel if my compnents are to deep?
i was told they would fit, several people and several companies.

they are 2" deep

thanks

Dennis King (AspaltAnihil8r) bought a set for his GN for $149.00 which is a very good price for a set of kick panel pods and are deep enough for most component sets.

If you are going to put the 5.25s in the stock door location and they are the same or less depth as the stockers then you will be fine.

Originally posted by Audiowizard
Dennis King (AspaltAnihil8r) bought a set for his GN for $149.00 which is a very good price for a set of kick panel pods and are deep enough for most component sets.

If you are going to put the 5.25s in the stock door location and they are the same or less depth as the stockers then you will be fine.
www.thezeb.com

HERE you go

Dennis,
You need to post us some picks of your car. would like to see how your pods and ECM turned out. I never got any pics of the GN that I did several years ago, very sweet indeed. Especially the parking brake mod for the clearance of his kick panels.

AsphaltAnihil8r - the zeb

wow. The zeb has some really low prices. How did you like dealing with them?

the zeb

I was very pleased with the Zeb's service. I purchased two sets of MB Quarts from Kevin there and they were great.

Excellent business in my book.