I can "only" fit 11 gauges....which to run and where to put 'em :-)

incubus2432

Douchebag
Ok, this is what I have for the dash......

GNXDash.jpg

Speedo
Tach
Fuel Level
Transmission Temp
Boost
Pyrometer
Water Temp
Oil Pressure
Volts

What I'm thinking of doing it rearranging them a little (as I can without disturbing the meticulous wiring much) and possibly removing the pyrometer and trans temp and replacing them with fuel pressure and a knock gauge.

Then running the console dual gauge pod that I have with a wideband o2 gauge and the pyrometer. Part of the reason for that is that they are similar diagnostic tools and the wideband has buttons on the gauge that wouldn't be accessible with my 9 gauge panel installed (the gauges are under glass). So I might as well leave it in the open and I think the pyro gauge is a good compliment for it in the pod.

As far as the swaps in the panel I think the fuel pressure is a "must have" and having it at somewhat eye level is a good idea. I'm iffy on whether I should get the knock gauge (I have a scanmaster) or leave the trans temp. I realize that the temp for the transmission may come in handy but my car is 99% street driven and I take care to allow proper cool down on my few track visits a year so I'm not sold on having to monitor it's temp constantly. The knock gauge may look a littlle out of place as well.

Maybe leave the pyro as is, swap the trans temp for fuel pressure and have the knock and wideband in the console? I realize that I could bump the fuel level, volts or temp to the console since constant eye level monitoring isn't generally necessary but they are traditional dash gauges so I'm not inclined to move 'em.

Getting an a-pillar pod set is out of the question. I got this dash to clean things up a bit. The console dual pod blends in well (IMO) so I could live with using that.

Any thoughts on this fiasco? Again this is for a mainly street driven car with a semi-conservative tune. I just want to have reasonable monitoring of what's going on. The aesthetics of the interior are a very important consideration as well.

Just curious, how much did you have to end up paying for that dash, I begged that guy to sell it to me before you bought it and he said he was going to put it back on ebay later in the year.

I paid what he was asking when it was on Ebay. He initially told me that he was going to relist it when he had time to deal with questions just like he told you. I told him I'd pay what he was asking and that I didn't need any "support" so he agreed to sell it to me.

I never watch my fuel pressure when running- I only look at boost and the knock guage.

My order of importance for a 10 sec street car

Knock
Tach
Boost
Oil Pressure
Oil Temp
Water Temp
Trans Temp
Fuel Level
Speedo
Amps
Volts

This is how we do it down home...........

Attachments

• Dwayne's shit 277 (Small).jpg
    Dwayne's shit 277 (Small).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Dwayne's shit 279 (Small).jpg
    Dwayne's shit 279 (Small).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 136
Thanks for the suggestions and pics of different options.

I thought things through and decided to go with (in the dash).....

speedo
tach
water temp
trans temp
oil pressure
volts
fuel level
fuel pressure
boost

....and in the console dual pod.....

wideband o2
pyrometer

I'm also going to add my Alkycontrol LED to the dash next to the boost gauge and I have some sleeker LEDs to replace the existing ones. Also, I'll put the turn signals in better locations to clean it up a little. I think this layout should suit my needs. The knock gauge is tempting and I may swap it in later but for now I want to keep it all analog.