Hydroboost Help Needed!

robertmee

My hydroboost conversion has turned into a cluster f***....I bought the Cardone unit, MC, hoses, etc. per the Hydroboost conversion thread and sent all the parts and my car to Keith in Charlotte 3 hours away (the conversion was one of many things being done). Keith has tried to do the conversion, but after many attempts has concluded the new Cardone HB unit must be bad out of the box. Symptoms are the brake pedal sticks to the floor and doesn't return.

Of course, It appears I'm SOL as noone seems to carry this unit now. So, I have a car stuck 3 hours away with Keith and no replacement options in sight.

I've contacted Cardone about going through Advance where I bought the unit, but I'm afraid they're going to say ship it back through my local Advanced which means Kieth yanking the unit, shipping it to me, shipping it to Cardone, getting it back, shipping it to Keith, etc....That's just too much time to occupy Keith's garage with an undriveable car.

Does anyone have a HB unit for sale, or have a suggestion on the quickest way to proceed at this point? Are the rebuild kits any good for these units? Is there an off the shelf Astrovan unit that's mostly plug and play. I'm running out of options....

What unit is he installing? The 84/85 Regal unit or the Astro unit with the accumulator? I didn't ask in the pm's...

I put a hydratech unit on my car. Might be a little spendy after everything else you have already bought though.

Possible the pressure lines are reversed, don't ask......not my GN though !
Worst case get a new unit from Hydratech, I don't use rebuilt brake parts anymore than I would a used pacemaker.

Yeah I got a shit one right off the bat too and they don't have any left from what they are trying to tell me. I'm looking at cheap alternatives if I can't find a good used one. Mine has brakes, then push farther and it rubber-bands with no brakes.

I checked the Hydratech website and the product listing for GN says under construction. What's the price for these units and where do you buy?

I checked the Hydratech website and the product listing for GN says under construction. What's the price for these units and where do you buy?
For the "street version" mine was I think $735. I think without hose's it was $495. I had some issues with mine from the start, but in my case it turned out to be a junk wilwood MC. You can buy directly through them.

I went through 2 reman units before having no leaks on install. Now I run a reman 84/85 booster and new '81 caddy el dorado master from Fenco. Reman's are hit and miss.

I looked at the rockauto site and it looks like they also only have a rebuilding service where you send in the one you have. The astro van unit is not a bolt in but there is a thread where there is a bracket being produced to make it a bolt in.

I know it isn't close to you but are you sure they have the lines hooked up correctly? I can't see how it would keep the pedal at the floor but I am no expert.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...w-the-astrovan-unit-is-a-true-bolt-on.308039/

I was thinking that I would pick one up for when mine goes out so I can use the astro unit.
Hit the classifieds as I have seen units for sale there.

Update: I searched my local auto parts place website and they say 24hrs
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...p?year=1984&make=Buick&model=Regal&vi=1020823

Have you called around local to see?

Thanks Rich for the info....I've got a unit on order. The second one actually as the first one was a no-show and reported out of stock. These are getting scarce it seems....