Hvac vacuum lines?

Wahoo

I guess this is for the heater core but i dont see where the vacuum line thats supposed to be connected to it is.

Wheres the vacuum line that connects to it?

Thx

Should be a plastic vac line coming out from the firewall behind the fan box.

Does any one have a picture, i have my turbo off and downpipe out, so i have room but i didnt notice any vacuum line.
Are you looking for the one that goes to the vac block?? I'll try to get pics for you

Are you looking for the one that goes to the vac block?? I'll try to get pics for you
The gray metal thing thats near the transmission dipstick and firewall, just dont know where the vacuum line is that its supposed to be connected to.

Those hoses look off?
If my memory is correct . . . The T from the manifold splits to the FPR and MAP.
These are CRITICAL and should be checked and double checked for leaks.

The vacuum canister hooks up to the vac block (source) and the heater valve gets its signal from the heater panel . . .
Make sense?

84/85 Diagram

Attachments

• 1440194394088.jpg
    1440194394088.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 219
Those hoses look off?
If my memory is correct . . . The T from the manifold splits to the FPR and MAP.
These are CRITICAL and should be checked and double checked for leaks.

The vacuum canister hooks up to the vac block (source) and the heater valve gets its signal from the heater panel . . .
Make sense?
I still have my vacuum diagram, same one posted above this post on my car, are you sure this piece is supposed to be connected to the throttlebody? So it always sees vacuum?

The hvac vacuum diagram has to be different then whats on the radiator right? Because on the radiator shows nothing in the cabin.

I dont think this is supposed to be hooked up to hvac/cruise right?

My hoses arent routed probably the way the factory did it but everything is connected to the correct hoses/vacuum/boost.

The gray metal thing thats near the transmission dipstick and firewall, just dont know where the vacuum line is that its supposed to be connected to.
It goes from there to the vac block on the top of the tb

It goes from there to the vac block on the top of the tb
I thought something in the cabin is supposed to connect to it so it can be modulated or turned off so radiator fluid isnt always circulating through it?

But i guess if thats the correct place im ok with that.

Now this thing has two plastic(white) vacuum lines, whats this thing for?

Now
I thought something in the cabin is supposed to connect to it so it can be modulated or turned off so radiator fluid isnt always circulating through it?

Now we are in on this one together I'm not sure but I believe it's for the temp door that allows the heat in from the heater box mine is broken and it's in a tough spot to trace down, I was gonna pull the glove box and see if I can trace mine soon. I just recently put in a new heater core and I've been wondering what that vac line is for since I started working on the car.

Now we are in on this one together I'm not sure but I believe it's for the temp door that allows the heat in from the heater box mine is broken and it's in a tough spot to trace down, I was gonna pull the glove box and see if I can trace mine soon. I just recently put in a new heater core and I've been wondering what that vac line is for since I started working on the car.

Did you ever find out what this is and what it does?

I still have my vacuum diagram, same one posted above this post on my car, are you sure this piece is supposed to be connected to the throttlebody? So it always sees vacuum?

The hvac vacuum diagram has to be different then whats on the radiator right? Because on the radiator shows nothing in the cabin.

I dont think this is supposed to be hooked up to hvac/cruise right?

My hoses arent routed probably the way the factory did it but everything is connected to the correct hoses/vacuum/boost.
Its hard to tell where the other end of the hose is routes to so impossible to provide an answer.

I've seen it referred to as a Twinkie the ic cars don't have it which makes its harder to ask questions about it

In this pic where is the line heade towards the engine hooked up to?

There's a grey and a white line coming from behind the heater box... Correct? At least on mine that's what I see. Not knowing, I assumed they both run to the twinkie but I could be wrong