HVAC diagram and parts list

Wknight13

Does anyone have a link or information on the full HVAC system for the 86/87 GN. I'm looking into replacing the missing system in my 86 to see if it would be worth the time, trouble, cost, and likely hassle. I've been trying to find an exploded parts diagram so I can list and price parts out. Is the main box on the firewall a self contained unit?

thanks for any help in advance.

Does anyone have a link or information on the full HVAC system for the 86/87 GN. I'm looking into replacing the missing system in my 86 to see if it would be worth the time, trouble, cost, and likely hassle. I've been trying to find an exploded parts diagram so I can list and price parts out. Is the main box on the firewall a self contained unit?

thanks for any help in advance.
My engine builder might have one, I will check with him. I need to get my vents working. Right now cold air only comes out of the defrost and floor. It took me a while to figure out mine, it kept leaking. Finally charged it with dye only to find out it was leaking at the back of the compressor. I used the wrong washer when I replaced my compressor. Be mindful of that if you do fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My engine builder might have one, I will check with him. I need to get my vents working. Right now cold air only comes out of the defrost and floor. It took me a while to figure out mine, it kept leaking. Finally charged it with dye only to find out it was leaking at the back of the compressor. I used the wrong washer when I replaced my compressor. Be mindful of that if you do fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'll be a good project and take some time acquiring the pieces. Thanks for any help on diagram, that would be great help.

It'll be a good project and take some time acquiring the pieces. Thanks for any help on diagram, that would be great help.
I just parted out a 87' T-type. I most likely have all the parts you need but I think the cost of shipping would be prohibitive. Shipping prices these days is ridiculous. Your probably better off finding someone close to you.

I just parted out a 87' T-type. I most likely have all the parts you need but I think the cost of shipping would be prohibitive. Shipping prices these days is ridiculous. Your probably better off finding someone close to you.
curious on shipping...how big a package and weight from what zip code and I can look it up. If it may be cheaper to piece it out. The main a/c heater box would probably be largest piece or the AC condensor. My main item to obtain first is the complete a/c heater box.

Keep Greyhound in mind for cheaper shipping. City to city it's pretty cost effective and fast... 2-3 transit days when you think how quickly busses drive.

I shipped a BMW front bumper cover pretty cheaply in Boston from halfway across the country.